HybridZ

A Preview of what is to come... My 260z Project

BurnoutZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your front blend of the front skirt into the front flares is excellent. Nice job! Its really round and smooth.

Did you consider subtlez rear flares for the back as well? They are smooth not square like the california z flares, will continue the smooth theme through out the side profile of the car.

• 1 month later...

Well I was originally going to get 10.5" wide wheels, but a member on here was selling these for a deal I couldnt refuse and I needed rims. I'm planning on running black trim and the paint is burnt orange.

Also the wheel wells are done. The crack is filled with fiberglass except for the front of the wheel well there is "rat wire" grafted in to the fiberglass for brake cooling purposes, also I think it might dissipate air out of the wheel well..

Kinda of off subject but I had a question. Can you run 15 lbs of boost on a stock turbo 280zx fuel system, or will it run too lean?

I'm running 14lbs on a 260z that originally had a carburetor engine. It does have a high pressure fuel pump, but stock lines.

Edit: I didn't read your question properly, I thought you were only talking about the fuel lines. I also have a new fuel rail and larger injectors.

Keep in mind I have stock turbo fuel injectors and stock turbo ecu. Will it still push 12 lbs or will it run lean? I have no a/f guage/controller so it will all be dependent on the ecu.

If I got the AEM's wideband uego controller and ran a direct swap of the bigger cc ford injectors that fit on a stock ecu. Would this run 15 lbs?

I'm running out of money on this project so I need to start thinking economically. Trying to achieve 15 lbs of boost cheaply or if it would take a chunk of change to upgrade to run 15 lbs of boost, just holding off for about 6 months.

Sorry for the misdirection. I am running a full aftermarket system. The only thing stock in my fuel system is the fuel lines from the tank. Sorry to misdirect.

EDIT: P.S. Wheels look good, but buy four 10.5" wheels. Then you can use all these for the fronts and you will have two sets of wheels. ;)