BurnoutZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the comments.

On A side note,...

NEW PICTURES!!!!!!

The paint has been finished! 2 clear coats have been applied. This thing is SO shiny, very much what I expected and more... When this thing goes out into the sun I have a feeling its going to bring out the color even more.

Aaaand for those who still dont have my cardomain...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3218401

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at my rims alot litely, you guys probably are right about the width.

I have spec'd a

Front

285/30-18 tire on a 18x11 -40 offset rim

Rear

335/30-18 tire on a 18x13 -40 offset rim

I think that would fit nicely in there, only problem is it would cost $2,000 for tires and $1,700 for the rims.

You guys think it would look good? (I'm just thinking outloud, not saying I'm going to accually do it)

Do you have the clearance for those? I now you have the wide rear fenders but it looked like you only bridged the gap between the original fender lip and the new one, therefore you havent gained any clearance. Are my observations correct?

I imagine if you lower the car any (or even now) when you drive youll have the same rubbing issues as running a 13 rim on a stock Z.

when you welded the headlight bucket and the fenders together did you have a problem with warping? Also how did you connect the airdamn together with the headlight bucket? obviously you can weld it, so did you use fiberglass? I have just one more question for you. You obviously did some extensive bodywork to this car how do you feel about the quantity of bondo you use.

Congrat man, i can't wait to be where you are at.

joe

Do you have the clearance for those? I now you have the wide rear fenders but it looked like you only bridged the gap between the original fender lip and the new one, therefore you havent gained any clearance. Are my observations correct?

I imagine if you lower the car any (or even now) when you drive youll have the same rubbing issues as running a 13 rim on a stock Z.

Your right but I'm telling you there is alot of space! I'm thinking though, to be more economical, I should just get a little wider rim (like 9" or 10", its better than 7.5) with a lower offset.

when you welded the headlight bucket and the fenders together did you have a problem with warping? Also how did you connect the airdamn together with the headlight bucket? obviously you can weld it, so did you use fiberglass? I have just one more question for you. You obviously did some extensive bodywork to this car how do you feel about the quantity of bondo you use.

Congrat man, i can't wait to be where you are at.

joe

Weld? Fiberglass? No, all you have to do is just glass the metal headlight bucket with the fiberglass.

About the bondo usage, There is accually very little bondo on this car. Mostly welds and glasswork.

I've done some research and I'm considering running wider wheel spacers. they can be had for 45$ a piece and would be a quick fix for the time being.

Right now I have 1" wheel spacers, I was thinking about going to 2" or 2.5" wheel spacers... This should slide the stance of the car out alittle wider..

zeeyah i have to be honest when i first seen your rear fender i thought that it looked ugly (not a fan a flaring fenders). recently however i found that it grew on me to the point where i think its one of the coolest mods i've seen done a and z. It kinda looks like a mustang GT500. your car looks awesome.

So your saying that you did use fiberglass or what?

zeeyah i have to be honest when i first seen your rear fender i thought that it looked ugly (not a fan a flaring fenders). recently however i found that it grew on me to the point where i think its one of the coolest mods i've seen done a and z. It kinda looks like a mustang GT500. your car looks awesome.

So your saying that you did use fiberglass or what?

Yes.

And as for the body kit, the same thing happend to be with the rear fenders. When I was searching through all the s30 z body kits I picked out the pieces of each bodykit I looked at that I liked the best. And I looked at ALOT of bodykits. One thing is, I've always liked the msa type 3 airdam, from the time I first saw it to now, Still like it.

When picking out a bodykit, one advice I have

TAKE TIME IN CHOOSING. Make sure that is what you really want. If you keep thinking that the same kit combo looks good over a period of time, that is probably what you should go with. If you dont youll be wishing you did.

That being said I am very pleased with how my car has turned out. The pictures dont do it justice. I had been planning the bodywork for over a year before it accually happend.