HybridZ

RB26 oil pickup problems!

ktown z

Well I tried to purchase the z31 oil pickup with rear sump pan for my RB26 build with no luck. I was able to get the oil pan with no problems but it seems that the pick up is discontinued and not in stock anywhere. None of the shops in my area will make me a pickup to fit the pan so I'm stuck.

Here is what I am willing to do. If anyone can make me an oil pickup that fits the RB26dett with the rear sump pan I will paypal you 400.00 U.S. dollars. As you can tell I am fishing for an answer to my problem.

Thanks,

James

FWIW you don't really need the Z31 pick-up it won't fit properly on the RB26 with the rear sump pan anyways. All you need is the 26 pickup and some carefully bent steel tubing. I did it with copper tubing but I would suggest steel instead. Sweating copper to steel is a bitch (different fusion points).

I have no experience or the ability to weld. All the shops in this area want the motor in their shop to do the work. I want to put the motor in myself so that is the reason I need someone to make me a pickup. If anyone is interested in making one for some money (name your price) and hopefully we can work out a deal.

I think your best bet would be to just do a external pick up. I did it that way on my alum pan, but this can also work with a fitting on the stamped steel pan.

Get yourself a fitting welded onto your oil pump and run a line to the fitting on the rear bottom of your steel pan and your done.

I think if I had it to do over, I'd have used the pan you have, instead of going through all the trouble with the alum pan. The steel pan has a nice deep bowl, and would work just fine to me...

Take a look here for some ideas>> http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101321

Surely you can get someone to fab up a pickup over there?!! I thought you guys ran the world and were here to teach the rest of us how to do things? Woops sorry I have been listening to George Bush too much!! Thank god he is on his way out, hip hip hoorah for Obama.

If you really cant get it done I could ask my mate who did mine to make another one, however you would need to send over the RB26 pickup and the sump, as the sump also has to be modified to fit over the pickup.

However there are others in the US who have done the pickup in different ways - look back through the threads on this subject.

Also look on my website www.bluevista.net.au under Motoring then 260Z and then Part 5, 9 & 9a and this will give enough info for someone to make one for you.

Good luck

paypal rns@inspire.net.nz then e-mail me rips@inspire.net.nz and I'll have one made and on its way to you next week, I have a rear pan RB in a 240 so it won't be a problem

Rob

KTOWNZ Great offer from RIPS, you should take it!

RIPS when you do the pickup, do you not need also to modify the sump to clear the pickup pipework? Thats what we had to do unfortunately which makes more work of it.

regards

nissan patrol......all standard,neat as

Sounds good Paul. Is the RB30 pickup point already at the back unlike the RB26? I'm just wondering whether an RB26 could use the same setup but I think when I tried the sump wasnt available or something?.....

regards

Sounds good Paul. Is the RB30 pickup point already at the back unlike the RB26? I'm just wondering whether an RB26 could use the same setup but I think when I tried the sump wasnt available or something?.....

regards

hi mike

i believe that the drama with the rb26's is the location of the pickup when you use a sump suitable for the Z's

the rb30 came out std with front and rear hump sumps to suit various models

the nissan patrol one is the sump to use to fit in a Z

best of all.....i found this one in a skip

doesn't that just sh1t you:mrgreen: