HybridZ

LS1 or LT1

M1noel. Thanks for info on the switch but what did you do for a Seedometer connection on the t56, Did you use a modified tail housing from stealth products like JTR reccomends or something else?

I used the Abbott's cable-X box (I bought mine from John's) that converts the vss signal from the trans to cable drive. I wanted to use all my stock guages. Its works really well and is totally silent.

Mike

Having had all gens of the chevy small blocks I would only consider buying and building Gen III/IV motors. Sbc and LT1 would not even cross my mind. I have put many cars together and worked with all the small blocks. I would have to say LSx motors are by far better than any sbc and LT1. They are easy to work on superior designed and just all around a better motor.

My dad just pulled out his afr headed sbc in his 240z to put my 2004 LS6 in it. I'm currently going to be putting a LS2 in my 240z. My LS2 cam out of my 2004 Z06 and it made 450 rwhp and drove great. You just cant beat the tuning with bigger cams in the LS motors they drive great and make awesome power even with large cams.

Deja, would you tell me what fuel pump you are using and are you using the stock tank, The JTR manual says that a 280Z fuel pump will rin a 5.7 liter V8 so today at Pic A Part a found one on a '91 280Z TURBO, so I bought it . I figured that the turbo produces more power so the pump would have to be able to deliver more fuel. What do you think?

My car had an old school SBC in it when I bought it so although I had the stock tank it did not have the fuel pump, engine used a mechanical pump. For the LT1 swap I decided I wanted to run true duel exhaust which meant a new tank. I used the Z28 tank from my donor car (what a nightmare of modification that was, LOL) and am running the stock Z28 in-tank pump. The LT1 fuel injection requires 40 PSI, I don't know if the stock 280Z pump will produce that.

Deja, would you tell me what fuel pump you are using and are you using the stock tank, The JTR manual says that a 280Z fuel pump will rin a 5.7 liter V8 so today at Pic A Part a found one on a '91 280Z TURBO, so I bought it . I figured that the turbo produces more power so the pump would have to be able to deliver more fuel. What do you think?

It probably wouldn't hurt but even automatic transmissions cooling is greatly improved by running another cooler. I am running my 4L60E cooling lines through the radiator and then into a cooler in front of the radiator and back to the tranny. Coolers are not that expensive, if I were you and wanted an engine oil cooler I'd run a real one and not rely on the radiator cooler.

For those of use who have manual transmissions, is it possible to use the trans cooler in the radiator tank for an oil cooler. Would that work. Any Ideas, Seems simpler than mounting another cooler in front of the radiator.