HybridZ

Yet another question about the MSA Aero kit. (ducks...)

RPMS

I know that the mere mention of the MSA Aero II kit makes dozens of you throw up a little, but I'm going to risk your wrath by asking this anyway. I'm curious whether the rear valence will work visually without the skirts, and all the pictures I'm finding have the skirts attached.

Anyone have a picture of a skirtless car? :wink:

Why wouldn't you want side skirts? It gives the car a more aggressive look...

I think the side skirts have a tacked-on look to them. I'd probably feel differently if they had something running along the bottom of the doors, too.

Derek, I'd appreciate anything you can find!

The airdam works fine all by itself. See the Rebello ad that pops up a lot in the top right corner of the screen and shows John Thomas's FP championship winning Z. The rear bumper treatment is going to be weird looking I think because it has a similar skirt treatment. I'd bet that a fiberglass 240 rear bumper with the stock rear valance would be the best bet there.

I think the side skirts have a tacked-on look to them. I'd probably feel differently if they had something running along the bottom of the doors, too.

Proper installation has alot to do with how they look. If they're moulded in, like they should be (IMO), they look like they're supposed to be there. Without them, the front and rears would just look silly.

attrack.jpg

I like front airdam, no side skirts, stock butt, 240 chrome bumper. Preferably with either a one piece spoiler (BRE style or molded to the hatch,) or a three piece molded spoiler, and rear louvers.

Get the DATSUN or 280/260/240Z black stripey decals that go along the rocker panels if you need something going on down there.. but the front airdam and the rear spoiler are my favorite LOOKING "aero mods."