HybridZ

Anyone had Lasik?

xxjoeyxxeb

Update!

Had my 5 week checkup and they talked about numbers of how far off my eyes are. I beleive they said 75 and 100 OU?? I'm not sure what those mean with the OU, but maybe its .75 and 1.00 is my prescription now? When the Dr heard those numbers he immediately said I want to know who took those refractive (?) measurements and talk with him. So I'm assuming those were taken wrong and someone's going to get a chat. BTW, the Dr who took my measurements was fired last week! The Dr told me to come back in 2 months for another check up and we will have to go back in for a touch up.

I'm happy the Dr. will do the check up and says everything will be corrected, but very upset at having to live another 2 months like this. If I sit in the front corner of the classroom, I can't read what is written on the opposite end of the board.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't give an interim pair of corrective lenses in the meantime?

Strange in the land of fruit and nuts.

Well, at least you know what or where you stand. Sucks to have to wait for some healing to go back in again though.

They are doing this under warranty right? Ask for some discount on the bill. Laugh when you say it so they don't get mad, but put it in his mind that 'compensation' should be in the back of their mind. Something for not hitting it for at least a single on the first attempt.

Keep us updated.

Update!

Had my 5 week checkup and they talked about numbers of how far off my eyes are. I beleive they said 75 and 100 OU?? I'm not sure what those mean with the OU, but maybe its .75 and 1.00 is my prescription now? When the Dr heard those numbers he immediately said I want to know who took those refractive (?) measurements and talk with him. So I'm assuming those were taken wrong and someone's going to get a chat. BTW, the Dr who took my measurements was fired last week! The Dr told me to come back in 2 months for another check up and we will have to go back in for a touch up.

I'm happy the Dr. will do the check up and says everything will be corrected, but very upset at having to live another 2 months like this. If I sit in the front corner of the classroom, I can't read what is written on the opposite end of the board.

light sensitivity is normal... it'll go away after a while. I'm glad they said they'd get you all fixed up.. it does suck that you'll have to go through all that w/ the drops and all all over again. but at least the Dr. says he'll try to help you. You might go see another lasik Dr for a 2nd opinion, it might cost a little, but it'll be good to know that both doctors would be telling you the same story. This is your vision, it would be sad if they took risks just to cover their a$$...

Phar

• 2 months later...

Been 1 week since my redo and my right eye is 20/15 still which is good. They put a contact in the left eye right after the procedure to help the flap heal I guess and since I'm left eye dominant it was a little wierd but today my left eye was 15/20 with the contact in. They took the contact out but did not retake the measurement, I'm assuming because it'll take a couple of days for the left eye to get normal again?