HybridZ

i need help fixing my back-up lights

i am going through my new car... checking everything out and what not... i found a problem with the reverse lights... or lack there of. i am not the most gremlin savy but i really want to get this fixed... if i could get any help with this it would be greatly appreciated... so far i have checked the fuses, and the light's... i am not getting any power to the light assembly that i can tell. what else could it be and can i rewire them to get them to work... thanks

mark

• Administrators

Mark,

If you're going to work on you car, you need tools, yes? One of the tools that should be in every toolbox is a book. The Haynes manual is really quite good for our cars. I've completely worn out one, and the second one is not far from retirement.

Also, Please use descriptive subject titles to help the next guy.

k thanks... i do have a manual... i used it and located the reverse lamp switch... i guess the guy that had the car before me disconnected it. for what reason i do not know. any way i hooked it back up and put her in reverse and they lit up... great... still confused on why he unhooked it and zip-tied it under the bat. glad it was an easy fix good luck to anyone with the same prob... defensively suggest to check the corrosion on the lamp sockets...