HybridZ

1983 Turbo ZX differential questions Need Help

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Who knows ZX Turbo differentials ??? Ocbaar and I are looking at a non-running 1973 240 Z that is for sale with a reported 1983 Turbo ZX diff. The diff has cv joints and is a R200. It was raining ,so we did not jack it up to test for positraction.There is no finned diff cover.If this is a turbo diff: The question: Positraction? gear ratio?? I did a search and discovered that the zx CV shafts mate to the 240 stub axles without flange adapters as is required with bigger 280 stub axels. The seller appears to be on a mission to BF Egypt and may know less than I do.. The car has ZX rear disc calipers,early 4X4 Toyota front calipers, drilled rotars, front and rear adustable camber plates,coilovers (different and stiff), poly bushings, strait and rust free.And of course we are looking for a price advantage to the $450. asking figure.

Guest Anonymous

Were the LSD diffs introduced in 1986 or 87 in the 300ZX model ?.... I just got off the phone and Ocbaar just bought the car for $350.00. And it does not have a LSD. He now has a good start on a 350/SBC Hybrid

The R200 will not come with a LSD in this model from the factory. Not sure about the gear ratio though. Keep in mind that if the owner has already done all this other work to the car, you may even get lucky and find a pleasant surprise in the differential too. Who knows.

The LSD showed up mid 1987 through 1989. They were a clutch type except for the '88 SE limited edition cars that were all white. I've heard different things about what year they switched to the 12mm ring gear bolts. I first heard '82 then I heard '85.

Guest KraZ4spd

I have the same set up on mine. I do believe that you have a 3.54 ratio on your diff. wich will work good on your car with a V8.