HybridZ

What Engine would you choose?

Gostlrs

1 SR20DET

2 late 80 early 90 mustang 5.0 (will buy whole car)

3 Z28 5.7 from late 80 eraly 90 Camero (will buy whole car)

4 280zx turbo swap

i have a 83 NA and i want to do something to it to have some power.. looking for about 300hp when done. i will purchase the whole car when i do the swap so i will have everything i need to do the swap. i am looking for pro and cons on the swaps

Doing the 300zx ecu swap is fairly easy(for the l28), and if you do that for the l28 I dont see why it wouldnt work for the 300zx, if you swap over the connectors, but I could be wrong. and a z32 trans pretty much bolts up to stock mounts( and can be made to work on a vg30e fairly easy). and if you can make your own motor mounts then all you would need is a custom driveshaft.

how hard it it to swap a 300zx turbo engine into a 280zx?

There is someone using a 300zx turbo motor in a 280Z on here, I believe. But this is not a common swap (in a Z or ZX), so you would have to fab up stuff yourself. This would not be a bolt in situation. The 280zx turbo motor would be by far the easiest to do. The other nice thing is you can add things as you go and make more and more power. There are guys on here getting close to the 400RWHP mark with stock rebuild type motors (cast pistons and all), just bigger turbos, injectors, fuel management. Good luck with what you choose.