HybridZ

Tokico vs. Eibach Springs

Alright I was trying to search on here, didn't find anything. Maybe I wasn't searching right. I tried to do some searching on google, but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I have a 76' 280Z 2+2 that I'm most likely going to just go ahead and run with. I want to do a basic suspension upgrade. I'm planning to go with the Tokico Illuminas, but I'm unsure of the springs. My Z31 is running front and rear illuminas with the eibach springs which I like. I also see that MSA at least sells Tokico springs.

I've heard some people say the Tokico's would be better as they're made for the tokico's, but then I read that the springs aren't actually made by Tokico. Anyway some have said the Tokico ones will give you better handling because they're a set stiffness, where the progressives will give you a softer ride, and still handle well once you start to get on them, but supposedly the Tokcio's will be best for handling because they don't change. There's not a big price difference, and I'm thinking about just running the eibachs as I like them, but I figured I'd see what you guys have to say about them.

I have always liked eibach springs on the cars that I have ran them on. You might not get as much of a drop, but they will probably last longer and resist to sagging better than the Tokico springs. I do think that Tokico makes a great shock though.