HybridZ

Giving My Evil Z away (not a joke)

EvilC

The post below is what got me thinking the other day! I will have three Z's come next week and was faced with a lil problem...too many Z's.....too many projects!!

So this is what Dave thought I should do........

Looking at Clive'e big picture...this is my suggestion:

LS1 Z: (track days)

337616993_yHfs8-M.jpg

Keep the LS1 Z (EvilZ) as is. It is pretty well dialed in and has all the parts that anyone would ever need on a Z, Patch up some minor rusty panels, have the cage welded in place, cut the fender lips off and add some BAMF ZG flares, throw on a coat of "track day quality paint", have the wiring neatly cleaned up. DONE. Track car with streetability.

Bob Sharp Special Red Z: (profit maker)

417788649_gQWJq-M.jpg

Clean it up with detailing, get it running with carbs and fuel system cleanup, put a history log book together with all the awesome history Bob Sharp papers and catalogs that came with the car, Sell it for a 100% profit.

This New Z: (turbo street show sleeper)

436273217_TH6Qa-M.jpg

Use the money from the sale above, fix the minor external rust on the car with welded panels, paint it show quality, put in the turbo motor and an R200, put in some basic street performance part suspension, and nice wheels. Keep it stock in appearance.

....well this is what I came up with. The new '70 car will be my street Z sleeper w/ L30ET. The Evil Z will get a make over. I am going to transfer Evil Z's drive train and suspension to the red car '71, which will become the NEW Evil Z. Will not be a rush job and will be exactly the way I want it. So the original car I had the '73 is not in bad shape honestly. It would take very little to get it back to what the other cars are. It was a great learning car for me and I am attached to it. The worst part of the car is the rear quarters that need to be repaired or flared! So I am giving the car as a roller to a friend of mine who loves the car and just graduated from Wyo Tech yesterday as his own project car. He already knows he is getting the 84 Maxima as his DD under the conditions that he can't sell it....it was my first car! He got into the BMW tech school and will be attending in Feb 09. I am sure he will be excited but I just wanted to show him I was proud of him and I know the Z isn't a new car but it has history, hahahahaha. It is known around NYC!

Just for those who are reading.....good things happen when you work hard and keep trying for your dreams. Life at times may seem like it can never get any better but always take the time out to think of the things/people who make you happy!

Ok enough mushy stuff....back to football ;)

Nice job Clive!!!!!!

You are right, it might not come back to you tomorrow or next year.

But it will someday.

Tom

Trying to talk myself into doing that driving sims game you guys are doing.

Thanks Tom.

Here is a vid for you to watch:

Then check out the others from the same guy who makes our vids from the Sunday night racing....if that doesn't help...pm me your number and I'll talk you into it! =)

LOL Tom!

Well I only drove one stock s30 and hmmmm....can't remember what that felt like! Cygnusx1 (Dave) is the first Z I ever drove! As for as for Joe......he has 2 v8 Z's and one really really fast turbo Z....=)

Tom I will not let you down...I promise....I will be looking for a 510 coupe~

Clive,

That is a tremendous act of kindness, one I'm sure will not go unappreciated. I just returned from surf vacation in Ecuador and watched a good friend give away an old surfboard to a local kid who had broken his in half. That kid went to church that friday night to show his gratitude. This was by no means on the same level as giving away a car, but heart warming none the less. Which ever route you end up taking with "the fleet", I'm sure will come out top notch.