HybridZ

Valve Covers

MONZTER

So What's with the JDM valve covers I hear people talking about. I have seen 3 different ones that are all called JDM.

This one with Nissan Logo, I think in smaller letters

attachment.php?attachmentid=11177&d=1230940141

This one with Nissan letters larger and more blocky (mine, I found in a US junk yard on a 280z)

071105_008.JPG

An one more I have seen with Nissan logo but made from plastic.

Does anybody know the correct story??

There was also a "Nissan 2400 OHC" OEM nissan valve cover that looked alot like our stock "Nissan OHC" covers IIRC, its probly all in the CZcars.com thread

Edit

Wow the difference in those two NISSAN blocky valve covers is subtle...

What happens is anything not sent to the North American Market gets tagged with 'JDM' or in some cases "Euro".. gawfk!

In reality we got very few permutations of badging that they got everywhere else in the world...

What should be more apt a descriptor is 'US MARKET' when discussing this stuff.

The block cover Monzster shows is on 'late model' L-Engines, and the plaastic cover which looks similar was used on the latest model Cedrics and others to keep the valvetrain quiet and keep heat transmission to levels less than a Mazak-Cast item. Same kind of thing happend in Jeeps...

As for that "Nissan 2000OHC" cover, I just dusted mine off on the back porch, sprayed it with cosmoline, and stuck it in the rafters I just installed in my lockable shipping container.

Any Z-Enthusiast with theivery on their mind just lost a great target of opportunity as all the stuff on my back porch has now been filed away this past weekend.

Amongst things (not to threadjack, but while I'm at it...) stored under lock and key in a metal container: Original G-Nose (rough), Upper portion of G-Nose (two piece aftermarket-new), Triple Manifold (Bare), Beta Motorsports CF Cowl-Induction Hood, gads I was packing for two days solid with all the assorted bits and pieces to numberous to mention. They were just laying there. All you had to do was get past the dogs...

That Classic Z thread is a good read, and should be referenced for the Mercedes linkage alone...