HybridZ

Couple new videos of my LQ4 280...

2003 Termi Cobra - pulley - tune - intake - full exhaust... Laid down 460 rwhp and 480 rwtq..

This was when my swap was completely stock, no performance mods at all..

th_DSCN1045.jpg

th_DSCN1042.jpg

Next is a couple of a 2001 C5 vette... stock with an auto.. kid was being ultra cocky towards me on my bike, so i told him to come over to my place and run my 31 year old car.. :P

th_DSCN0982-1.jpg

Toyed with this guy soooo hard..

th_DSCN0983.jpg

th_DSCN0984.jpg

Here is an 02 Vette, 6 speed with exhaust.. You can hear and see my car fall back on the get go because of something computer related.. I dont know what it was, but it completely shut off, then CAME ALIVE!! haha it was pretty crazy..

th_DSCN1038.jpg

So now that everyones ears hurt.. here are a couple of the new 3" exhaust with Dynomax bullet and a Dynomax muffler..

th_DSCN1049.jpg

th_DSCN1048.jpg

Enjoy :wc:

Flywheel is great! I did have one little epidimic where the clutch was grabbing way too fast for a short while, kinda like there was no in between. Not sure if that was the clutch, master cylinder - because mine is pretty big..., or the flywheel surface. Either way so far its been good and worth the savings.

Watch in one of the cobra vids, you can just tell how HARD the car INSTANTLY snaps.. its pretty viscous how quick it comes alive compared to say a 6 speed corvette - camaro

• 6 months later...

Resurrected my thread from the dead! haha...

Back then it was a stock motor - headers and lightweight flywheel only, open MAF and no tune!! hahaha...

Now it is all sealed up with a new exhaust setup - TSP 228R cam - Tuned by the local guru - JTR air intake setup, and thats about it.

Cool, I'll be running a very similar engine setup. Rebuilt 2005 LQ4, Lunati Voodoo 60511 cam .567/.567", 222/228 dur@0.050", 113 LSA. mated to a 2004 GTO 4L60e tranny. My exhaust will be ceramic coated Sanderson/JTR headers, Dynomax UltraFlo mufflers, and stainless mandrel bent 2.5" dual exhaust all the way out.

For the time being, just to get my car going, I'll be running a 2004 5.3 w/stock LS1 cam.

I am guessing since you have a stock style hood you are running a LS1/LS6 car intake?

Any track times for you yet, with or without the mods?

Yeah - using a LS1 intake, need an LS6.

Best time before mods or being tuned -

8.3 @ 85

After -

8.0 @ 92

Im on some crappy street tires, so the best I can do with the current setup - and had two halfway clogged injectors from a paper filter coming apart when I ran the quarter...

1.9 60ft

8.0 1/8th @ 92mph

12.3 1/4 @ 114

I have ran right behind a 10.8 second - 125 trap GTO on the street, so I would imagine after I cleaned out the injectors for the 5th time.. lol., it feels so much better now that its clean. But when its all running right it is around a low 120 trap car which should be good for a mid-high 11 sec pass on a tire.

I got my camera back so i'll have to get some videos with my buddies GTO soon.

Here is his car at pinks.-

If you are going to be running a stall I definitely reccomend a bigger cam - it will like the RPMs.. My size cam is more for mid range.. Torquer V.2 would be a good choice if I went auto..

I know the head cam designer at Lunati personally, so after we discussed my goals and intentions we decided this cam will give me the happy-medium I am looking for. I am running the stock GTO converter for the moment, in the future I might step up the stall alittle to the 2200-2800 range, but I am at least a year away from that. I still need to pay off what I owe into this car phase first before jumping into more debt.

Speak and you shall recieve -

These videos suck, the cameraman didn't get our only solid run on camera, and 1 of these races i missed 3rd, and the other one we seen a piggy.. scary.. lol

This was a 2000 SS camaro - Heads - cam - exhaust - tune.. pretty fast car.

All LS1 pulleys. You will need a bracket to mount the alternator lower.. You need to search a little bit, with the search function. I know for a fact that my build thread on here covers this. LS1tech.com could be your best friend as well.

All LS1 pulleys. You will need a bracket to mount the alternator lower.. You need to search a little bit, with the search function. I know for a fact that my build thread on here covers this. LS1tech.com could be your best friend as well.

Thanks. I've been searching so much. There are little tips here and there but nothing is perfectly clear like you just put it. Thanks.