HybridZ

RIPS 240z at Dragmasters 8.22 @ 166.9mph

RIPSNZ

Loved the r34 drag car.... did it make any runs???

the white gtr looks like its a handfull

Yeah the Yellow 34 did some runs but was having problems I think, it has a supercharged meth RB30, he;s usually running low 9s.

White GTR is the world record holder at 7.5 and on full power he's knocking on 2000hp,

Rob

Was that a Jag at 2:28 in the other lane?

Incredible performances.

Yeah its a jag with some massive blown alky V8, I really thought I was going to get my ass handed to me and even after I got a good start I was expecting him to come flying past me but he never did :mrgreen:

Rob

Is it running a 26 or a 30? Looks like he has issues with keeping it headed strait... :icon52:

No-one except them really knows the details of the engine but I believe its a 2.8 or there abouts.

They were laying around 1800whp in 4wd last time on the dyno but can't put the power down on our NZ tracks.

The world record they have was done in Australia on a real good strip.

Rob

So that is a goal get the same time or better on the NZ tracks - then if you go to Oz you will be in for a real sweet time :mrgreen:

Agreed.

The way I see it is if I can improve and run the same sort of times as Glen Suckling and if I'm really on form, the same sort of times as Reece at Meremere on the same day, it has to be a sign of a 7.70-7.80 car in Aussie.

Reece seems to be able to pull off high 7s reasonably regularly at Meremere but it looks like the harder he tries to go quicker, the slower he gets as it gets out of shape and then its usually around a 8.2 to 8.5.

Glen ran mid 8s most of the day last time out but did get a best of 8.1.

If I can get regular and reliable 8.0s - 8.1s at Meremere I should actually stand a reasonable chance in competition against those 2.

A dream of mine would be having a real good side by side with Reece and actually winning.

Rob

Basicly...... slippery slippery slippery.

We qualified quickest of all the Pro Imports and Sport Compacts but everyone was sruggling, not one of us ran 7s and some of the guys regularly run in the 7s so I felt ok with the times all things considered.

60fts were well down but I managed a 8.23 @ 168.5mph spinning hard for the last 150 meters or so, it got sideways but I kept in it and managed to keep it together, just.

The guy who ran in the same lane as me, straight after me, hit the same crap at 1/2 track and crashed real bad, rolled 4 or 5 times then end for end 2 or 3 times. http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=ojEKD6L0Hdc&NR=1

Here's a couple of vids, 9500-10,000 rpm during the burnout.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=nHLfRseF_F4

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=G6qtA0_kQUc

Next weekend we are at a high altitude race circuit where they use the back straight for drags, its been OK in the past so hopefully I can better the 8.22 and get 170+mph

Rob

Next weekend we are at a high altitude race circuit where they use the back straight for drags, its been OK in the past so hopefully I can better the 8.22 and get 170+mph

Rob

At least that track is closer to home for you, not so far to trailer the car.