HybridZ

L28et Intake manifold pictures if you please (Non Emissions Regulations only)

thetremendoustim

Problem: Hi, I need some help figuring out where goes where and even though I have looked on my '82, '73 and '76 FSMs and Haynes I still can't figure out the right configurations for the non-emissions requirements: there is either too much emissions information or not enough. I just need some pictures of people that have theirs completed or pictures of them in the progress, I have a virtually naked intake manfold with the wholes plugged off and some tubing coming out of some tubes.

Information: It's a non-webbed N42, and I am running an '83 L28et with a P90 head and emissions is not required ('74 whoot!) So all i need is just the basic hookups but I'm not that tech savvy. If i can get some pictures and some jabs in the right direction then I can figure it out from there, just what does everybody's look like?

These are some old pictures I will see if i can put updated ones up later, but nothing new has been connected besides the lower PCV valve connections.

100_3584-1.jpg

100_3582-1.jpg

1. This is connected to the Dizzy but wtf?

2. This goes to the carbon canister(?) if i'm right, do i even need it?

3. This goes to the AAR valve(?) but do i need it? do i have alternatives?

4. I have no idea :)

5. 8-|

Thanks for any help or advice!

Okay I've actually found out more by :search: and this is what I have come to find out in a few hours...

1. Still have no idea where this plugs to but it needs to make its way to the ECU unfortunately I can't find my 79'-83 haynes so I am lost..

2. This goes to the Carbon canister which can be removed. i will plug this, and just get a mini-k&N filter and put it on the gas tank line that goes from the tank to the carbon canister :D

3. This goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator

4 & 5 are connected to the PCV ventilator on the valve cover by a 3-way connector.

AM I RIGHT??

http://zdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24764&highlight=non-egr+n42

THanks nismo I see what you mean with #4 going to the J-pipe I was really confused.

AS for the CAS connector I can't find it on the Harness but i'll keep looking maybe its buried under some electrical tape or on the other side that i spliced off (XD)

and from what I understand #2 and #5 I can just plug off?

• Administrators

AS for the CAS connector I can't find it on the Harness but i'll keep looking maybe its buried under some electrical tape or on the other side that i spliced off (XD)

That is a turbo specific distributor for '82/'83 cars. Are you using a turbo harness & ECU ('82 or '83)?

and from what I understand #2 and #5 I can just plug off?

If you don't want canister function & fast idle during warm up. Also, If you plug 5, you'll need to plug 4 and reconfigure the valve cover vent.