HybridZ

Issue with bumpsteer set-up & other stuff

I've spent the Winter tweaking my front suspension.

- replacing offset bushings with spherical bearing

- adding caster via adding spacer in front of the g-machine t/c bushing

- swapping out tie rods with rod-ends to adjust bump steer

- finally upping to 300 lb springs

P10100152.JPG

It's one of those install, check, tweak, install, check, tweak .... taking waayy to long kind of things to get everything to work. So I finally get everything together and my wheels dont fit. The bolt/washer hits the rim. So now my options are to up to 16" rims ($ and weight), use 1/2" wheel spacers - if I could find any, or go back to stock :(. The inner LCA pivot has already been moved up ~5/8" and I run 1" "bumpsteer" spacers so the bumpsteer was not bad. But on rough roads and one particular bumper corner entry the steer wheel feeds back more than I want.

Thoughts, comments, something else I'm missing?

PS - anyone see a reason shimming the T/C rod forward would cause issue? I noticed that there is excess threads sticking out the back so thought why not make use of them and added a 3/8" shim to push the LCA forward and add a little bit of caster. I was going to go with a rod-end T/C set-up but didn't want to push the mounting point out with the traditional method and dont want to spend the time to make a more elegant design.

Cameron