HybridZ

Idea that involves Bad Judgement.

cyrus

Recently I have had my heart set upon doing a 4WD swap into a car. I would like it to a manual trans set up. I would like to use a Turbo LS1 series engine. With about 7-800 hp. I have done a Supra TT swap into a 240 and now need another challenge.

I figure the key to this is the transmission. What manual transmission can be used? I got the idea of a 6 speed skyline getrag or possible some truck transmission. Any got any info or articles for me?

Thanks.

Mods is it ok for this be here?

trailblazer SS driveline when you set the motor back it puts the transfer case behind the seats and its setup alot like the skyline AWD system are except for the front driveshaft is on the left side.

I think there is no Manual available?

Early 90's s10 with a turbo sbc mated to a big stalled 4wd th400, 9" in the back and a dana in the front......

It wouldn't turn well, but damn would it be fun in a straight line.

I don't think there's an easy way to get a good 4wd manual transmission, I believe a few people have mated t56's to a transfer case with a custom adapter but I don't have any info because it was too far out of reach for me..

• Administrators

Think Summits Quadra Deuce! Sy-Ty transfer case mated to a T-56!

With the LSx in the nose of an S-30, maybe even some creative firewall massaging to mount it a little further back, there is enough room in-front/beside the damper for an R-180 or R-200 up front. The biggest hurdle will be the tunnel clearance for the front driveshaft!

Found this, if it helps?

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43911

There is already an AWD V-8 powered 260-Z 2+2 terrorizing tracks and hill climbs in the southern hemisphere, so it can be done...

Kevin Mackrell's V-8 AWD 260-Z!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAW4oPQUzYs

not in a Z, but the local garage where I used to live have taken a Holden 308 V8 (chev smallblock) powered Kingswood ute and changed the drivetrain to a Toyota Hilux (4runner) 4wd. There are adapters out there already to do the SBC into the Hilux engine bay, so doing a Hilux driveline on a SBC is simple reverse engineering (or not so simple :P)

BRAAP That was AMAZING!

Here the catch I have found.

4wd only works in snow as there is no slip in the wheels. All mech driven together.

So AWD is the bomb as viscous or torsen couplers allow for internal slippage on hard pavement.

So unless the slipper is in the divorced transfer case w the T56 it will not work.

I am now wondering about the 6L80 AWD Trans!!! I never though and auto could rock!