HybridZ

Bought a FAKE ipod

savageskaterkid

Found an ipod nano on craigslist for a nice price, was new in box. I asked the guy why he was getting rid of it. Said his dad is a wholesaler and gives his son random stuff like this and if he has one or doesn't want it he just sells it. So I bought it, I looked at it and all seemed good, then I decided to check it out and realised there was a few small differences, and it seemed a bit odd, and once I turned it on there was no similarities. So I contacted the seller and said its not real, and I have my actual AUTHENTIC Ipod nano right next to it comparing it and its FAKE. Now its kind of hard getting in contact with the seller and he won't refund my money. Yet he still continues to sell these fakes.

Anybody have any ideas on what I should do?

you think the police might be able to help me? I've had a couple instances where I've had to get some help from the police and they really didn't help, other then tell me that they were just gonna be present to make sure things didn't escalate. And they would not answer any of my questions reguarding the situation, asking if such things were even legal. The answer I recieved was, "I'm only here to keep the peace" yet wouldn't state if something was legal or not.

Sorry for the rant, I have no problems with the police, and am not one of those guys that says "the cops are out there just to pull me over" I understand they have a hard job, and am glad they're there to keep it safe, my experiance when I was the victim was not a great one.

you think the police might be able to help me? I've had a couple instances where I've had to get some help from the police and they really didn't help, other then tell me that they were just gonna be present to make sure things didn't escalate. And they would not answer any of my questions reguarding the situation, asking if such things were even legal. The answer I recieved was, "I'm only here to keep the peace" yet wouldn't state if something was legal or not.

Sorry for the rant, I have no problems with the police, and am not one of those guys that says "the cops are out there just to pull me over" I understand they have a hard job, and am glad they're there to keep it safe, my experiance when I was the victim was not a great one.

Contact Apple about it, They'll get on them serious. They like to try to find where fake copies are coming into the country and shut em down. might not get your # back but apple might be grateful.

you might be screwed tho, that's the problem w/ craigslist. if you paid online, you might be able to get the charges reversed.

you might be screwed tho, that's the problem w/ craigslist. if you paid online, you might be able to get the charges reversed.

What makes it suck is the fact that it wasn't done online, I met the person and looked at it and everything before giving him the money. It wasn't till a few minutes later that I started noticing the differences. Mine stays in a leather case at all times, so honestly I didn't notice any differences till I took it out of the case. The quality is crap compared to my real ipod, it has a plastic exterior where as mine is aluminum. They didn't even write a believable program for it....it uses root files and local files as folders for music....and I've never heard of an ipod having to take like 10 seconds to power up. It does have an apple logo, as well as Ipod written right on it, it also has all the symbols that the ipods come with, with a model number too.

What makes it suck is the fact that it wasn't done online, I met the person and looked at it and everything before giving him the money. It wasn't till a few minutes later that I started noticing the differences. Mine stays in a leather case at all times, so honestly I didn't notice any differences till I took it out of the case. The quality is crap compared to my real ipod, it has a plastic exterior where as mine is aluminum. They didn't even write a believable program for it....it uses root files and local files as folders for music....and I've never heard of an ipod having to take like 10 seconds to power up. It does have an apple logo, as well as Ipod written right on it, it also has all the symbols that the ipods come with, with a model number too.

I would like to see some pics. That sucks. Scammers suck!

I'll see about taking some pictures and posting them, I also need to send some off to apple just to get a comfirmation of it being a fraud as it will help with filing my police report. I did talk to an officer and he said it seems as though I have a solid case, but I need to talk to an officer from the county where the transaction took place.