HybridZ

Best clamps for drill press?

Well, I did end up getting that motor-less drill press. I also got a motor off of craigslist. So for the paltry sum of 85 bucks plus gas... I have a big upright press.

I have the slotted table that looks like you can slide the head of a bolt underneath to clamp things tight. That seems like a pita.

Do you guys use any type of clamp that you like? I had my first piece try to get away from me yesterday *yikes*. I don't have any holes that go completely through the table.

Evan

I have a small bench vice on mine. I like the one that 260zman posted, because of the lower height. I don't trust my press for precise holes, because the mounting plain is not level in orientation to the drill. Its adjustable every which way, except the one way that I would be able to adjust it to be true. :(

Even, I have a complete set, unopened. If you want to pay shipping and $20 it's yours. I purchased two sets a while back but only use one.

Mark, you have the bolt set? Sweet. Sounds like a great deal. PM sent.

Grumpy, that vice is sweet.. I think between these two things I am golden.

Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...