HybridZ

Using AEM UEGO Wideband Gauge with MSII

z-ya

I installed one of these in the race car last night:

01e20f6a-a240-4007-b6b6-4ee8a65ccb36.jpg

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=70

I am very pleased with the results. AFR readings on the gauge and in MSII appear to correlate. The nice thing about this unit is that it uses the inexpensive Bosch sensor, has a 0-5v analog output, and includes a nice gauge! It also has a serial output for data logging, but with all the logging capabilities in MSII, there is really no need to use it.

Installation is easy, just connect power, the sensor, and run the whote wire to the O2 sensor input on the MSII.

Enable the EGO correction with the engine NOT RUNNING (there is a big warning about this in the Megatune manual). Same with the calibration of the AFR tables.

In Megatune:

- Basic Setup -> EGO Control - "Select Single Wide Band", and "Simple" under Wide Band Controller settings for now.

- Tools -> Calibrate AFR Table - enter these settings (see attachment)

If you want the LED bar on the bottom of the main display to read 0-5V, make these changes to you megasquirt-ii.ini file:

[FrontPage]

#if NARROW_BAND_EGO

egoLEDs = 0.0, 1.0, 0.5 ; Voltage settings.

#elif LAMBDA

egoLEDs = 5.0, 0.0, 2.5 ; Lambda settings.

#else

egoLEDs = 19.7, 9.7, 14.7 ; Afr settings.

#endif

The "afr1Gauge" will match the AEM EUGO gauge. And the "egoVGauge" will correctly read 0-5V.

When I get the car back on the dyno in April I will compare AFR readings in MSII with AFR as measured by the Dynpack. I'll log a few pulls after tuning is done and post the plots.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Why wouldn't you use the AEM settings in the calibration box? also, is this thing linear or non linear? Just curious.

Beause I didn't know if the AEM unit I have is the same as refered to in Megatune. So to be safe, I use generic linear sensor. Yes, the output from the AEM gauge is linear.

Pete