HybridZ

My HID instillation

wigenOut-S30

I just helped a friend put these (the high/low ones for $88) in his '89 Mercedes 190E tonight. They're crisp and clear and super bright, with a sharp cut off (not as good as with projectors, but definitely good enough not to bother other drivers). He is having a problem with one of the bulbs flickering a little bit though, so I guess we'll see how good their customer support is.

Curious, what does your friend think of the change. How difficult was the swap? I DD a '92 190E 2.6 and could use better lighting.....Thanks....Tommy

And here's a really interesting question.... When you install that new harness with the relay, what happens to your highbeams? My guess was that since the original wiring goes through the switch then to the lights, the high beam switch allowed more voltage through to the headlights to make them brighter. With a relay installed instead, and power for the lights going direct from the battery, wouldn't you nullify and effectively disable your highbeams?

Wigenout- You did state in your post that you lost your highs, but it was because of the bulbs you were using. I'm wondering if even getting the high/low bulbs would solve the problem. Forgive me, I'm a bit noobish when it comes to the workings of headlights.

• 2 weeks later...

im installing some 8000Ks in my s130 as i post this... im going to put them in these (http://www.jegs.com/i/Wysco/938/WA7403K/10002/-1) h4 housings i have.

i am not terribly impressed with the housings. they are... OK. ill see what i think of them when i get the car back on the street, which will hopefully be in the near future.

ill follow up to this (with pics) when i get the install finished...

People seem to knock on blackdragon a lot, saying their products are crap. I just installed my headlight harness from them today without a hitch, WITHOUT cutting wires on ANYTHING, and it works just fine. I also have their MSR "Euro" light housings installed, and they work GREAT. They direct the light exactly where I need it in a concentrated beam in front of the car, and when I move to the sides there's no glare. Next best thing to projectors. And my highbeams work just as well. I'll be writing a thread on how I did my install soon.