HybridZ

My clutch is completely fozen

Thanks. Car has been sitting for an awful long time. Gonna try the slave first. Brake and clutch systems are always my downfall and least confident areas. Would a bad slave keep the pedal high and not let it depress?

It certainly could. With hydraulic lines, if there's a pressure buildup anywhere, you really won't be able to budge the pedal (unless the blockage has some play). Bleed the system and refill it. It's worth it, especially if it's been sitting.

If that doesn't do the trick, drain the trans oil and replace it. Check for flakes or chunks of metal in the oil. If you find either, it's likely that you'll need to tear the trans down to find out the offending piece of metal.

If it STILL won't budge, you're going to have to detach the trans from the engine and take a look at the clutch assembly. I'm not familiar enough with the little Nissan transmissions to be able to say for sure, but I see plenty of misaligned clutches that refuse to move. Like batou said, you may need to dig a little bit deeper to check on the clutch fork and throwout bearing. Everything else should be fairly easy to inspect.

Unbolt the slave cylinder from the transmission housing and leave the hydraulic line connected. Now try to depress the clutch pedal. If you can't, you'll know that the problem is in the master, slave, or hydraulic line. If you can, then you have to pull the tranny and see what's wrong inside the clutch housing. The problem is most likely going to be in the slave cylinder, which is great since they are CHEAP. (get one from Rockauto.com for 12 bucks) There is no reason to drain the transmission fluid and check for chunks as drummingpariah suggests. This is a clutch problem.

Thanks guys, it turned out to be the slave. As soon as I went under, it looked like the rod was bent, so I took it off, and not only was it bent, but it was stuck shut. Ordered one from Napa today for 12$, gonna put it in tomorrow. While I was taking off the slave, the withdrawal lever dust boot crumbled off. I've called everyone and can't find one - is it possibly listed as something else? No one at the parts desks seem to know what I'm talking about when I say withdrawal lever.