HybridZ

Help with body work/flare suggestions?

rustrocket

(not a z)

So i'm at the point in my ls2 triumph project where the stock fenders need to be modified for the wheels (the original wheels were 13x4.5, and the current ones are 17x9.5 in the rear with 275 tires, and the fronts are 17x8.5 with 255 tires.). I'm trying to have it done as economically as possible while still looking good. Its at a shop right now, and the guy has very reasonable rates, but i wanted to get something solid in mind before i told him what to do with it.

I originally just thought about getting the wide zg flares that a member on here sells, but i dont know if they extend far enough down the fender...then i thought i could just cut them into sections, and fill them in.

And then i thought "well, maybe the car wouldn't look too bad if i just cut the fenders for wheel clearance, and left it as is."

What do you guys think? Have any other ideas?

Heres how it looks now, the front fender isn't on...

P1060696.jpg

P1060691.jpg

and some other pics for reference

n1369024989_652607_8491.jpg

n1369024989_652627_3946.jpg

I am a firm believer in doing a sketch before any of this kind of work is started. Its easier to change things on paper than it is in metal.

By doing this you will also be able to tie the whole car together visually. I've seen so many custom mods done to cars over the years and it rarely comes together correctly without drawings.

Janne Kutja has done a couple of cars for me over the last couple of years take a look at what he does. Its not as expensive as everyone thinks and takes most of the confusion out of the equation.

www.jannekutja.com