HybridZ

advice on buying a 260z

I found one locally.

not the cheapest one but the owner claimed he had engine rebuilt done by professional. new manifold and new suspension, muffler, batteries and alternator.

I know nothing about z and from his pictures, it looks like he was doing some exterior body mods. any modders want to chime on this? what was he trying to achieve?

the car's not painted. it looks like it needs some bodywork

should I go for it?

thanks for your time!

dartsun 260 1974 002_thumb.jpg

datsun 260 1974 003_thumb.jpg

datsun 260 1974 005_thumb.jpg

datsun 260 1974 011_thumb.jpg

How much is "not the cheapest"? That looks pretty rough to me. It looks like he "shaved" the back bumper with screwed on sheet metal and the front looks to have a ton of bondo on it.

Personally I'd avoid that one unless its really cheap enough to justify the tons of work that will need to be done to get it working good again.

Faaaaaaarrrr easier to find a relatively clean shell and toss in a functioning drivetrain. Or repair/rebuild the existing drivetrain components and L series engine.

But be reasonable. It' sa 35 year old car. So unless you're shelling out $15,000+ you're not likely to find a completely flawless example of a Z. Most have rust in the floorpans, below the battery, rockers, etc. etc.

I have some pics for you. I am always looking for z's and know just about every Z here on the island. Right now I'm looking for a turbo zx for a friend here and he wants a t-top with ac. If you see any let me know please.

pic 1 is for 1500

pic 2 is for 3500 form dbar from langley on hybridz

and this url is for http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1025698669.html a complete rollin 1973 240z for $3,000 a good deal if you want to restore one

van 280_thumb.jpg

79 280_thumb.jpg