HybridZ

Where Can I Buy Lifters 280zxt Hydraulic?

mkgtn

it's hard to believe that new hydraulic lifters can't be found? how does anyone rebuild a head or engine with used lifters? there haas to be a way?

half a dozen different heads in the US market alone for the L6 motor, ONE iteration of one of those heads uses hydraulic lifters. I do not know if any other motor happened to use the same HLAs as the P90A did, but common knowledge is they are NLA. By that I mean only that I have heard NLA and nothing else; if you find "new" ones they are new old stock.

Convert to mechanical, it's not that hard.

+1

The "conversion" is super simple, and H-Z member bigphil did a great youtube video with his kids on how to convert from hydro to solid. IMHO half of the sound of the L6 is the solid valvetrain noise :-P

it's hard to believe that new hydraulic lifters can't be found?

If you don't believe what the forum members say... I doubt much else can be said to help you. :D

SEARCH. There's at least a dozen threads here talking about hydraulic lifters. They are near impossible to find new, and indeed they are not made anymore. How could that be possible?! Easy... Nissan stopped producing them, just like a lot of car makers stop producing certain parts sometimes.