HybridZ

Problems running rich/ bad idle/ nissan datascan doesnt work grrrrrr..

jtmny1999

Ok so I'm a little frustrated:confused:, ever since I finish my wiring the car started with no problems but had idle issues. It fouled the spark plugs running rich and made clicking noises(sounded like coils grounding) when I rev, so I started diagnosing the problems.

1. Coils- bad resistance| so I replaced them with new coils/ Power to coils is 14.7v so im getting enough power.

2. New plugs

3. Water Temp sensor- Good

4. TPS- Checks out fine.

5. ACC removed and cleaned.

6. Tried 3 dif MAFS. 2 s2 MAFS hunt for idle, 1 s1 MAF blown through runs better but still runs rough.

7. Bought Nissan Data scan to see if I can pin point the problem. But i cant even connect to the ECU (pissed me off)

8. Today I tried to adjust my idle but my freaking ECU doesn't have the LED light or idle adjustment screw. I cant find anywhere in the FSM how to set the ecu into diag mode (more pissed)

So now I'm kinna mad at my car and want to kick it hard:fmad:, can anyone help me out?

I'm thinking of finding someone around here that knows RB's and just pay them to get her fixed.

If anyone has any suggestions or know someone that can help me out around here ill appreciated it thanks.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad idle, running rich, have you checked all your vac lines?

I read something over on nicoclub about the stock coils actually arcing through themselves to the valve covers. Seems a lot of guys are using some sort of epoxy to seal them up. I'll dig around over there and see if I can find it again.

The weird thing is when I blip the throttle it makes a loud click noise. Like a spark grounding but I got new coils so im so confused.

I used both MAFS the S2 and S1, it revs past 2k so im thinking it is. The S2 mafs use the stock plug so I didnt wire it any different.

Well a quick way to check the coils would be to wrap them in electrical tape, it should stop any arcing that would occur. I know you said they're new, but I'm just throwing ideas out there. I found the thread I was talking about and it seems most of it was directed toward high RPM misfires. If you'd like to take a look though, here you go:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/353364

Well a quick way to check the coils would be to wrap them in electrical tape, it should stop any arcing that would occur. I know you said they're new, but I'm just throwing ideas out there. I found the thread I was talking about and it seems most of it was directed toward high RPM misfires. If you'd like to take a look though, here you go:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/353364

Thanks ill check it out. I also checked the coil power and im getting 14.7 volts in the white main coil power wire so im getting enough power.

Ok so I put in a adjustable FPR last night, the fuel pressure is steady at 42psi. I also did the ecu diagnose, shorting (IGN)with(CHK) to pull the codes, the only code I got was 54 A/T transmission code.

I am stumped, next thing to do I guess is eliminate the intercooler BOV and put a straight pipe, hopefully I have a leak somewhere.

did you possibly paint over a ground or not hook an engine ground up properly?

loud clicking noise? is there a relay that is wired somewhere that it is not supposed to be.

I checked all my grounds everything looks good. When injectors go bad do they click? After warm up it clicks randomly also when I rev, i'm thinking injectors next.

Datascan.....are you sure all the wires are conneted correctly?

I got it to work but once i start the car the program freezes, I also figured out that the Variable timing valve next to cylinder 1 is the one that keeps clicking really loud.

Does Datascan currently read the ECU number when the car isnt running?

I got it to work but once i start the car the program freezes, I also figured out that the Variable timing valve next to cylinder 1 is the one that keeps clicking really loud.

And just to confirm, it does this on XP only after you start the car?

Right.....

I installed it on XP home and I have the same problem. "One of the usb devices has malfunction" "USB device not redognized"