HybridZ

Heater Vent Defrost Cables For 240Z

240Z2NV

Hoping that one of you guys doing a race-oriented build, that are fabricating an alternative panel where the vent, heater, defrost levers are might have some cabling available. I am assembling a car [literally] piece-by-piece, as I started with a NON-rolling chassis only.

I have managed to find a good heater core [RARE], blower assembly, and heater/defrost assembly. I also got the lever assembly; BUT...it was missing the cables. I have gotten the Honda blower motor, so everything is ready to assemble [with my custom bezel courtesy of 'BradMan'].

Only thing holding me up is NO cables....and they are incredibly rare at the local jys. Any help would be great. Perhaps I have a part that you need, since I have accumulated a TON of [rare] stuff that I plan on unloading after the car is rolling... ;~)

Thanks for reading.....

I just ordered all new ones from Zcarparts.com they said one was on backorder but should ship out soon. That doesnt mean squat from MSA I might see then in 2 years, but you can order then off their site, they have two of them availible for sure.

They are 20 bucks each. So 80 bucks got me all new stuff, well worth it in my opinion.

Thanks guys. Don't know if the 280Zs have the same length; but, when you decide if you will be using them or not, measure the length and shoot me a PM. Need asap, though.

As for MSA....I definitely know the feeling. Waited for three months while weatherstrip kits were on backorder. Finally got most of the pieces new off craigslist, and the remaindfer from Precision directly.

I will go online and look at the cables on MSA site, call to verify which are IN STOCK, and possibly go that route in order to git er dun ;~)

I got my cables from MSA yesterday. I dont think they are right, mine dont have a curlyque on the ends of them like these do. Anyway they are original nissan parts though, Ill just have to pull everything apart an see.

But anyway with that being said these shouild be VERY easy to reproduce. Ill take some measurements of the wire and sleeve and see if I can find the same stuff. I already have a z'bar bender from my model airplane days to finish the ends with.

I too ran into the issue with the "new" cables missing the wound ends. The only thing that makes hardware store/lawnmower cables different than the originals is the loop the factory put into the ends.

For $20 MSA and the other retailers are committing a crime. I quit using MSA and others for those types of parts due to the fact that they basically repackage common hardware and charge a platinum premium.

I think you miss understood my post or I wasnt clear enough. The cables from MSA are factory Nissan parts, and they only have a limited number of them. They are listed on the specials page.

The factory ones from MSA DO have the curly ends on them.

I believe the ones in my car do not, they have zbar bends on the control side and they slide into screw clamps on the heater core side. But I need to pull it apart its been a while since I messed with it.

I think you miss understood my post or I wasnt clear enough. The cables from MSA are factory Nissan parts, and they only have a limited number of them. They are listed on the specials page.

The factory ones from MSA DO have the curly ends on them.

I believe the ones in my car do not, they have zbar bends on the control side and they slide into screw clamps on the heater core side. But I need to pull it apart its been a while since I messed with it.

I have two or three heaters with dealer installed AC and the levers and cables that go with them. My cables terminate in a step/offset that you would call a "z". If you are interested in buying these send me a pm and we can reach a price after I pull them all out of storage and make an inventory.

g