HybridZ

When Zs Attack

Gollum

DSCI0710.jpg

DSCI0711.jpg

So I tried to take my finger off with my car door with little success, I'll try harder next time.

I was in a bit of a hurry, avoiding mud at the edge of the driveway while getting out. In the hurry of the moment I apparently didn't quite get my hand out in time... Right after I realized what happened and before I looked at my finger I thought I might have cut the tip right off. Luckily it seems the nail did its job.

I ran to the garage where I knew I had tape. After grabbing the tape I went to the kitchen and started running my finger under cold water. The tape sucked at grabbing my skin so I ran to my bathroom in hopes I'd have some bandages. I happily found some and rinsed my finger again before putting it on. I was able to get it tight enough to stop the bleeding so off I went to my girlfriend's house in what I would call "traumatic pain". My girlfriend, being a saint, went and got me some gauze, medical tape, peroxide, a finger splint, and some alcohol. (you know, for that umm... internal cleansing).

The pain finally died down about 6 hours later, 6 Tylenol, and a few glasses of happy juice.

Those pictures at the beginning are from a few minutes ago when I cleaned it for today, now about 48 hours after the incident. You can see the angle of penetration and if you visualize a line between the two points on the opposite side you can see the cut went a good 1/3 of my finger width deep, almost to the bone. I never got a chance to see how deep it was initially, so I can only speculate how deep it was. All I know is that it hurt like hell!

Moral of the story? Don't slam your fingers in the door kids!

It's weird how the littlest things cause so much effing inconvenience (and pain, I guess). Just the other day, I was lighting a wooden strike-anywhere match, and the sulfer ball decided to slip up under my fingernail and wouldn't leave until it had burned a round chunk of that fingernail off.

I imagine both affect your hybridz-typing-skills equally.