HybridZ

New S-30 owner!!! FINALLY

Growing up my father had a '76 and a pair of '77s and I've always LOVED the S-30 body over any other so naturally I've always wanted one. I've lucked out on a couple S-130s in the past including a junkyard gem of a '79 ZXR. but its just not the same...

I stumbled today on a 77/78 5spd car in a junkyard in fair to good shape and brought it home with me :)

the yard was not sure of its actuall year so I need help on that to get the title worked. its build date is 8/77 and I'm not sure when Datsun actually changed their model year, so if anyone can help it'd be greatly appriciated.

I'll post pics tomarrow when I have daylight to post them.

all indications thus far point to a bad fuel pump as the only reason it fails to run, but I'll know more soon.

OK sorry I haven't got the pics yet, finally found the charger for the camera...

after some tinkering my suspisions where correct and it was a fuel pump issue, replaced the pump and she started right up...

it is indeed a '78 car

a dealer sticker in the glove box indicates its originally an arizona car and has been Ziebarted wich explains the solidness of the car.

the bottoms of the fenders are rusted to junk tho, the bottoms of the dorrs could use some work and the bottoms of both quarterpanels are a little crunchy, Nearly no rust on the underside at all, and even the battery tray BARELY shows surface rust.

interior is in REALLY good shape aside from the rotted carpet, and someone has already installed a dash cover (one of the good ones that you almost don't realize is a cover) and the clock even works.

its a 5spd A/C car but havn't tested the A/C yet

I'll admit I did pay more than I wanted too for it...

but with the fact that all it needed was a fuel pump, and as solid as the car actually is (for being in these parts) I'm pleased with my purchase...

now that the batteries are charging I'll get pics up tomarrow.