HybridZ

WTB: 280zx Differential NY area

scarficito

yep, my diff. blew up. weird thing though, car still runs and drives. anyways, looking for a differential that would fit my 83 280zx n/a. looking for someone in the New York area. but willing to travel to New Jersey and Connecticut.

Blown generaly equals doesn't move. What problem do you have????

alright, answer to first question, im in lower Westchester county. as for my diff problem, its a long story but ill make it short. for some time a heard a rattling noise in the rear. i took it to 3 mechanics and they said nothing. magically, the noise went away for two months up until last week. i heard a bang and the rattling again. Friday, i heard the loudest bang and rattling. from the beginning, the crunching/ grinding noise came went starting at a dead stop and and rattled at a constant speed when i decelerated. so, after the loud bang, i parked the car and noticed a trail of oil. i got underneath the car (though it was dark out) and saw a hole in the diff rear cover along with a tiny crack. i believe that it must of chipped something and shot it out. anyways, i was twenty minutes away from home i thought the car was not going to run. to my astonishment, the car ran fine without a single noise! so, now im stumped.

I've got one for you. I'm located in Danbury but work in Yonkers and can deliver. Its an R200 longnose from an 83 280zx. Fluid was clean, bought off of car but checks out OK. Was going to install a Nismo LSD in it but need cash for other projects. $140, does not come with driveshaft flange you'll have to reuse your old one. PM me for more details. I'll be in Yonkers almost every day this week except for Thurs so delivery is not an issue.