HybridZ

Rare treasure!! 88 SS Z31 R200 VLSD! Got a question.

KunoZ

Well, I happened to go to my local junk yard today, which was no more than a whole eight miles from my house and I was looking for a 88-89 Z31 NA ecu, becuase I think mine is shot, unfortunatly I didnt find one but a still had a little luck on my side and happen to have ran into the Suro special Z31! I know wow! The car was trashed and could tell it had been sittin there awhile even the beautiful recaro seats were unsalvagable, but the one of the few things that were still intact was the rare R200 viscous type limited slip that only comes in the Suro special Z31's. Well, I havent gotten yet but they are going to pull it out for me for only $25 and Im going to pick it up tomorrow. It comes with both axles and all for only $250! So to get to my question, I know this differential has a different spline count and has to be used with the axles for it, so can I adapt these axles to my 280ZX?? I dont think they bolt right up, but I could be wrong. Any input will be highly appreciated! Thanks!!

Any idea how many miles are the car? I could use the springs if not shot.

Got 143,XXX on the odometer. Kind of high but should still work. I'll check the springs out when I go get the diff and axles.

In my opinion I like the viscous type over the clutch type. Dont have to worry about the clutches being worn out. Still havent heard or seen any hard evidence that one is better than the other though. Other than just peoples opinions, but like I always said opinions are like A**HOLES everybody's got one!:twisted: LOL! Thanks for the help guys.

Well still my question has not been answered after searching all night. It seems that I may have to adapt my 280ZXT axles to the 88SS 4 bolt style axles if I even can. Or another alternative is that I might be able to switch the inner hubs out so the bolts hole can be lmatched, but Im not sure if the 280ZXT inner hubs and the 300ZXT SS inner hubs can be interchanged. Will not be able to find out until I get it all torn down this weekend.