HybridZ

RB30DETT part out or sell complete?

Stealth-Z

I have come to the conclusion my project is not going to be completed any time soon. Now I have this motor I have been building and accumulating parts for and am curious as to what others think would be appropriate to do with.

The short block has Spool Rods, custom Wiseco pistons, ATI 600HP Balancer, N1 oil pump, water pump, RB26 ARP head studs, oil restrictor installed in front and block off in rear, JUN crank collar installed, ACL Main & Conrod bearings, and a twin disk OCR sprung clutch assembly. All parts are new with the exception of the clutch assembly. The entire rotating assembly has also been balanced together. New tensioner & idler pulleys are installed in the appropriate locations.

The top end is a rebuilt stock RB26 head. I did not do any type of port work to it. It was a task in itself just getting the shim clearances properly set after the valve job. The head is sitting on a Cometic MLS gasket. The turbo's are rebuilt Steel Wheeled R32 Nismo's. 60/.64's. I have Greddy 720cc injectors fitted to a drilled out stock GTR fuel rail.

Am I better off gutting it and selling the parts off piece by piece?

My plan was to order a Nistune setup this week but unfortunately reality is setting in after the last recent road trip. Over a year ago I had an unfortunate work incident with a ladder, the concrete floor and the back of my head. Driving and motion simply makes me sick. I used to love driving for hours on end, now I cannot stand it for even short periods.

My expereince is piece by piece. I tried to sell a built L31...and couldnt.

After 6 months and nothing but low-balls I parted her out and had everything sold within a month...for 50% more than the asking price of the whole thing.

You figure!?!

I hate to see you in this position. I'd love to buy the whole lump, but in reality, I already have everything but a short block to have a build like that. If by chance (I hate to even say this) you end up having just the short short block, I'd entertain the thought of making you a deal on just that.

I sure hope this is a temporary situation for You though....

Please PM me with a total though, for the whole enchilada...

Stealth-Z, I am very sorry to hear of your situation. I could not imagine not being able to do one of my loves, driving. - I feel your pain.

As for the best/quickest/most financial return in selling the engine. In my experience it would be to part it out.

It's generally easier to find a few people that can pay a little, than one to pay the lot.

And as already mentioned above - You will probably realise more cash in the end.

It is a shame you are letting it go, after piecing together what sounds like a very good engine.

Boy that sucks! I hate to hear your troubles but I also hope that it goes away and you get your project done.

It would probably be better to part it out, but if it's not costing you anything, why not wait.

I have thought about building a nice roll around cart for the motor and wrapping it all up. The body and most of the spares for the Z will be going. At least I could accomplish cleaning up my garage, yard, and spare bedroom!