HybridZ

Maryland Z Owners Please Check In?

S30TRBO

Just wondering how many Z owners are on the board in my area? PM me if you don’t feel comfortable posting publically.

The reason I started this thread is that I seen a very nice looking 280Z, red in color, sunroof with what I believe to be Cragar Draglite’s cruising through Calvert and St. Mary’s County a few weekends back. I was on my way somewhere else in the other direction both times I seen it on the road.

It would be nice to get together with more Z owners. Maryland Z Club is way too far for me to even think about even though I was a member back when I lived on Andrews AFB. I am a member of ZCCNV though.

The other side of the beltway from you. Not much on the club meetings either, but the old drag strip 75 & 80 that closed a couple of years ago is re-opening in a couple of weeks, so you will see my blue 280 there.

Jody

Can a former MD, zowner check in?. Lived in Columbia from jr high till 1998. In AZ now.

75-80 closed, wow I am way out of the loop. But glad it is re-openning. I always liked that strip. The drive up to it was nice also, wide open land. Is the area around the track still mostly farmland?.

Just wondering how many Z owners are on the board in my area? PM me if you don’t feel comfortable posting publically.

The reason I started this thread is that I seen a very nice looking 280Z, red in color, sunroof with what I believe to be Cragar Draglite’s cruising through Calvert and St. Mary’s County a few weekends back. I was on my way somewhere else in the other direction both times I seen it on the road.

It would be nice to get together with more Z owners. Maryland Z Club is way too far for me to even think about even though I was a member back when I lived on Andrews AFB. I am a member of ZCCNV though.

Dark red? Sounds like the '78 280z I tried to buy 2.5 years ago, which was from MD. I believe the (former?) owner is "daddsun" on here.

The other side of the beltway from you. Not much on the club meetings either, but the old drag strip 75 & 80 that closed a couple of years ago is re-opening in a couple of weeks, so you will see my blue 280 there.

Jody

So it is official now? There were rumors going around about reopening but no official statement. I might head down there with my zx sometime. I'm shooting to go to Mason Dixon on the 25th of April with my new setup...driving there and back of course.

• 4 weeks later...