HybridZ

Which color for my block?

attworth

I haven't been able to find specifically what color the original "Nissan Blue" is. I was thinking that "Chrysler Blue 69-83" would be similar.

I think I want to use the Por-15 engine enamel, and they seem to only have domestic colors available.

Any opinions?

EE_colorchart.GIF

I think you're right the Chrysler color is the closest to Nissan blue. I went with a black block. I just used engine paint ... maybe duplicolor? I don't remember it was 3 years ago that I painted it. Its still very black... good paint I guess.

Matt-

Ha ha, I told my mechanic that I either want hemi orange or hi po yellow when I get it to him for the rebuild. I plan on painting the bay black and polishing everything else so that I will have one massive contrast under the hood. And yes, that chrysler blue looks about the closest.

I couldn't find a datsun blue either, so I went with a "new ford blue" hoping that it would be similar. I mean, blue is close to blue, right?

Well, it came out looking crisp, but any other color would have done that for me too. Overall it wasn't a bad choice, but I would pick something else if I had the chance again.

If you can't find a datsun blue, just go with whatever you want, rather than trying to find something close.

untitled_thumb.JPG

• Administrators

I have always been a fan of the Ford Corporate Blue. Looks good on ANY engine, especially if time is taken to match valve cover and other parts.

This Cast-Iron gray available from Aervoe (sort of dark gun metal grey slight hint of metallic/pearl, kinda like Hammerrite, but not Hammerite!) is another one of my favorite engine paints I use regularly. Not sure if POR offers this color or not.

http://www.aervoe.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=3&idproduct=69

Aervoe.jpg

Sorry I don’t have any pics of blocks painted in this paint.

RacecarMedium.jpg

IntakeMedium.jpg

Pearl2Medium.jpg

For what its worth, many have used the standard of the shelf cheapo spray paints such as Krylon, Rustoleum, on their blocks, valve covers, intakes, etc. Seems to hold up amazing well for years without discoloration, fading, etc.

Edited by BRAAP