HybridZ

what is a phantom lsd?

Zfreak

Guest Anonymous

Type in Phantom grip in a "Google" search or in EBay parts and accessories since they are sold there and a search here may uncover a thread or two when members did a group buy. Has to be a "few" members with this mod with not many complaints

i've done some -- not that i usually want to kill my tires---

as for acting like lsd in cornering what do you mean exactly? a LSD changes depending on the breakaway so ????????

the best is a variloc or similar setup like a quaiffe (this is in my race car)

my street car has a phantom

if $$ is no object buy a quaiffe

a phantom is priced like a well used lsd and likely better and wont need clutches

you get what you pay for you cannot compare a $11oo quaiffe to a $300 PG

Guest Anonymous

The big problem in my area isn't so much as finding the parts to build up a diff. The problem seems to be whom to take it to for the installation. I am not able to install a spool or LSD, etc.., or gear sets for that matter into my R-180. Most all the shops that do that kind of work don't want to do it either. Give them your typical Ford, Chev, Mopar, or even Toyota and they will do it in their sleep. Does anyone know of any good shops that can handle doing a Datsun rear end that are in the Pacific NW?

in oregon ---

steve gatrell - he is near portland

pro-fab engineering- NOT cheap-

in the past i would have recommemded top-tech motorsports in oregon but not anymore - - and i will leave it at that-

any rearend shop can do a diff easily a ring and pinion is all the same no matter what diff

and a PG you can install yourself as no setup for gear lash is required you pull the section and then install it

Guest Anonymous

I will give Steve a call about the rear re-gear. I didn't know he could do that too. I need to call him anyway about bending me a main hoop for my roll cage as I discovered today that my tubing bender can't bend that tight of a radius without kinking the tubing. I even got the shape just right too just before it went. Crap! Cheap benders anyway!

Guest Anonymous

I gave Steve a call today and he doesn't do rear end gear swaps. He can do my roll bar hoop without any trouble though. I might just have to find a R-180 with a 4:11 gear set and rebuilt it myself. Now, I just have to locate one.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Ross! I get up to that area once or twice a year so I should come up with a travel plan and some parts and do a road trip. I have a person in that area that has a set of tires for me so maybe I could kill two birds with one stone.