HybridZ

Started tuning on the Z!!

wigenOut-S30

Well I got my turbo back from Precision.HUGE THANKS TO IVO!!! for helping that process along!!! They rebuilt it and this time it felt like it should.( no smoke at idle or cruise) I also dropped the oil pan and cleaned it and the oil lines really good. I broke the turbo in by driving it normally (NOT getting into boost for 200 miles) and man was that hard!!! I also found that my mallory FPR was leaking at the diaphram so I got a new factory turbo FPR. I had to add about 3 points of fuel to the whole map. I was out on my "tuning road" it is a industrial part of town that really has almost no traffic. I was at 13psi and this mustangGT with cowl hood and at least exhaust came up and revved. well I was about to do a 3rd-4th gear pull anyways.. so he hit it and I did as well. I put about 7-8 cars on him.. heh.. AF was right at 11.5. He turns off and I continue. I have low boost now set at 15psi and got high boost at 18psi. with right at aronud 17-18deg of timing on the top end. I pulled timing at peak TQ to 16 just to be safe.My local shop here is having a dyno day next weekend so I registered for that. I cant wait to see what she will do as it feels way faster then it has ever felt.. 1st gear is over really quickly and believe it or not.. I get traction. I don't understand it but.. he. I'm not arguing. It hazes first out but from then on it just hooks!! I will have some video soon. I plan on getting it back to the dyno for fine tuning WOT soon as well. Man I cannot wait for DNI!!!

Hehe I know what you mean about first gear. I had one that was even lower than the Z trannies. The engine went through first in a split second. So fast that the boost never even got to build. You might want to try a ZX 5-speed and a 3.54 if first gear becomes useless.

Hehe I know what you mean about first gear. I had one that was even lower than the Z trannies. The engine went through first in a split second. So fast that the boost never even got to build. You might want to try a ZX 5-speed and a 3.54 if first gear becomes useless.

I have a 240sx trans. I hit 16-17psi in first.. it just rips through it that fast.. heh.