HybridZ

Now I need some help before I go back to NAPA, Does any one have the part numbers for the serpentine belt for a LT1. I have deleted the air and power steering and have replaced them with the delete pulleys I think. Not sure as I didn't actually do the work. But I have new pulleys and a belt tensioner pully or two but what size belt. Would a stock belt work? The accessories are located on the right side ( passenger). Thanks for any help

Larry

run a steel tape meassure thru the serpentine pullies the belt will run on, and meassure the length required, remember to move the belt tenssioner in, too make the true length needed before the belts put under tension, the parts guy can easily use that info to sellect the correct belt

Edited by grumpyvette

If you're running delete pullies on the AC and PS try AC Delco - 6K615. its 13/16" x 62 1/8". This is what I am running for the passenger side stuff (Alt, AC delete, PS delete and tensioner) Of course not all delete pulleis are created equal, but this will get you in the ballpark. BTW I treid using the stock LT1 belt but it was way too long.

I cut my stock belt, routed it through all the pulleys, compressed the tensioner a bit with a wrench and blocked it in place, cut off one end of the belt where it overlapped itself then measured that.

BTW: pretty much any standard 6-rib belt will work. Just ask the counter person at the parts store for one of the length you measured. The current one I'm running is from an Isuzu but I put the PS back in mine so yours will be shorter. I believe the one I ran with the A/C and PS delete pulleys was 60 inches, but I custom made my setup.

Thanks for all the input but as it turns out I didn't have the power steering pully yet. What was in the box of parts I got with the car was a tensioner pully. At this point I have a a/c delete pully, and a tensioner pully installed on the car. I have another tensioner pully in the box. The a/c delete is the only one that is not stock for the engine. The tensioner is an older, dirty part. What pullys and belts do I need to make this thing run and where do I get them. If I Just ran a belt now, I think that the return to the crank would conflict at the tensioner. Do I need to find a PS delete pully?

Yep you need the PS or a tensioner or the belt won't line up right. I gutted my PS pump and thaty seemed to work fine. But then I found power steering delete pulley (BK-MB31K) from PSC Performance Steering Components They don't list it as a seperate item on the website but responded to Emails with the price. Its not cheap but is much lighter than the gutted pump. I had to re-tap the bottom hole in the Camaro accessory bracket to match the 3/8 bolt PSC provided.

When you get that and the AC delete pulley get an AC Delco - 6K615 belt I listed above and you're good to go.

deja, Thanks for the link. They have the needed pulley and bracket and have sent it top me I think. $46. We'll see when it gets her. Thanks for the help.

Deja, Got the pulley today and as you said I had to drill and tap the bottom hole. But after I put the three pulleys on(ac delete,PS delete and stock tensioner) I noticed that they do not line up exactly. Putting a straight edge on them, they vary 1/8" to 3/16". Did you find this to be the case also and if so will the belt stay on?

Thanks

Larry

When running the passenger side stuff only I have had no problems. I just went out and put a straight edge on the pullies. Putting the straight edge from the tentioner to the alternator there is about 1/8" space to the front of the PS pulley. From the AC delete to the alternator there is about 1/16" to the PS pulley. But the belt sits on all the pullies fine and has never come off. Just completed an 1100 mile trip with some speeds over 100 with no problems.

Deja, Got the pulley today and as you said I had to drill and tap the bottom hole. But after I put the three pulleys on(ac delete,PS delete and stock tensioner) I noticed that they do not line up exactly. Putting a straight edge on them, they vary 1/8" to 3/16". Did you find this to be the case also and if so will the belt stay on?

Thanks

Larry

Just an update. I went to buy the belt #6K615. At kragen they gave me belt with the # 6PK1560 with their stock number 4060615. The belt fits although it's tight. With the tensioner fully depressed I could barely get it on. Once on, I let off the tensioner and it released a 1/4" to 1/2". That's it. I hope that it's not too tight, Don't know how to tell if it is or not. I was told the length is the 615, maybe metrics. There is no inches so measuring my system wouldn't help.

Mine is pretty tight too.

Just an update. I went to buy the belt #6K615. At kragen they gave me belt with the # 6PK1560 with their stock number 4060615. The belt fits although it's tight. With the tensioner fully depressed I could barely get it on. Once on, I let off the tensioner and it released a 1/4" to 1/2". That's it. I hope that it's not too tight, Don't know how to tell if it is or not. I was told the length is the 615, maybe metrics. There is no inches so measuring my system wouldn't help.

Hey Larry the last 3 digits (615) is the measurement in inches. The belt will be close to 61.5 inches but not exact. I dont know why but its just a ballpark measurement.