HybridZ

help me out: what air dam is this?

iheartz

MSA makes oine for the 280Z without the turn signals.

airdam-done.jpg

nawh, the bumper ive posted originally is way B.A., i dont remember seeing it until recently. but that bumper with the to big blinkers molded into it looks great...

the only thing is that i see way too many z's with that style bumper (w/o the corners in the bumper)

nawh, the bumper ive posted originally is way B.A., i dont remember seeing it until recently. but that bumper with the to big blinkers molded into it looks great...

the only thing is that i see way too many z's with that style bumper (w/o the corners in the bumper)

What are you talking about? All 240z's and 260z's (1970-1974) had the turn signals in the valances below the bumper. 280zs have them in the grill.

What are you talking about? All 240z's and 260z's (1970-1974) had the turn signals in the valances below the bumper. 280zs have them in the grill.

i know, i know, im an idiot. but besides that, the blinkers look larger in that pic. idk, guess im just retarded...:shock:

i know, i know, im an idiot. but besides that, the blinkers look larger in that pic. idk, guess im just retarded...:shock:

when i first saw that pic in super street i thought that too but i think it is just that they are new and still are still bright amber

i cant remember what his name is but the owner frequents here, he could clear things up

when i first saw that pic in super street i thought that too but i think it is just that they are new and still are still bright amber

i cant remember what his name is but the owner frequents here, he could clear things up

idk if we'd have to get that in depth with it. i can take you guys word for it...

lol. but it'd be nice to find out whose car that is.:mrgreen:

idk if we'd have to get that in depth with it. i can take you guys word for it...

lol. but it'd be nice to find out whose car that is.:mrgreen:

It just looks bigger because the orange color is more prominent then the rest of the car, giving the optical illusion of it being bigger than is actually is.

And you have to ask yourself, if they are bigger, why would anyone go and try to put an effort in make larger ones made, just to find out that spoiler needs to be modified. Seem counterproductive to me.

And you have to ask yourself, if they are bigger, why would anyone go and try to put an effort in make larger ones made, just to find out that spoiler needs to be modified. Seem counterproductive to me.

why is any effort put forth on any of the products made for cars?

because of customization, individuality, styling, performance...

if no effort was invested in making alternatives, then every car would look the same, sound the same, drive the same, be the same...

why is any effort put forth on any of the products made for cars?

because of customization, individuality, styling, performance...

if no effort was invested in making alternatives, then every car would look the same, sound the same, drive the same, be the same...

I gave you a reason why they look larger and a second reason why they wouldn't be custom. Deal with it.

Making "custom" turn signals that are maybe a few mm larger seems stupid to me, when the stock ones work and have no fitment issues. If you are going to make turn signals, why would you make them almost the exact same as the stock ones, but have to modify everything else to get them to fit? You can go a totally different design. The amount of effort in going something different is almost the same effort of doing as you imply.

When you open the door of fabbing your own parts, designing around stock parts is merely a guideline.

I gave you a reason why they look larger and a second reason why they wouldn't be custom. Deal with it.

Making "custom" turn signals that are maybe a few mm larger seems stupid to me, when the stock ones work and have no fitment issues. If you are going to make turn signals, why would you make them almost the exact same as the stock ones, but have to modify everything else to get them to fit? You can go a totally different design. The amount of effort in going something different is almost the same effort of doing as you imply.

When you open the door of fabbing your own parts, designing around stock parts is merely a guideline.

i dont need to continue disputing this, im not trying to argue. to some (myself), time is a neglegable investment when it comes to art/creation. to take something out of the box and install it just because it "fits" sometimes has no fun factor. i am a perfectionist, and i dare to be different; so if having "slightly" larger turn signals that looked exactly like the stock ones required me to put in hours of labor making them fit, it might be worth it if they appreciate the look of the car.

• 2 weeks later...