HybridZ

T5 swap question - backing plate

Soundmasterg

I'm wondering about something here, and I haven't been able to find it with a search or three, so I thought I'd ask....

If I swap a T5 into my 240Z on the back of the L24, do I use the stock backing plate that came with the engine? Further, later on when I swap a turbo L28ET into my 240Z, do I use the L24 backing plate or do I have to find a L28ET backing plate? My L28ET was an automatic so that backing plate won't work.....

I haven't found any mention of backing plates anywhere when people talk about these swaps, so you would think that any old one would work...but I know someone who is doing a swap of a F54 block L28 into his 240Z with a T5 and he's having all sorts of issues trying to find the right backing plate.

Anyone have any recommendations for the correct backing plate for each conversion?

Thanks,

Greg

Well then I should be able to use the one I have......which makes it easier. My friend has a manual trans one though that the bolt holes had to be drilled out to fit up to the T5, and it was supposedly from an F54 block....so maybe they aren't all quite the same?

Thanks for the answer regardless!

greg