HybridZ

Advice on Ground Controls/Strut Combo?

I've done some searching but couldnt really find the right answers... so decided to ask?

I am looking at some new suspension for my S30. I've been really looking into the Ground Control Coilover Conversion kit. I currently have them on my 2nd Gen RX7 and love them. I know what it takes to install them on to our struts, I just wanted to know what is the best combo for strut and GC kit combo? I've been looking into Tockico Illumnias, KYB's. Plans for my S30 is a lowered height of 2in. to 3in. (I've read around that if i want to go that low i would need shortened struts?) I want a stiffer suspension with some adjustabily. I currently have ZG flares with watanabes ready to be installed, want them to fit nicely without it looking like a tonka truck :icon45:

this is my project show car and mainly a weekend driver, spirited driving only.

any advice is appreciated, thanks in adance.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry to bump an old thread of guys, i've decided to go with the MR2 illuminas, will i need a complete set for front and rear? and it seems like the above "stickies" info/photos are all of the front strut sectioning, how much would i need to section in the rears with the illuminas/groundcontrol combo? the ride height i am shooting for is about 3.5in lower than stock height. thanks in advance.