HybridZ

front valance(not sure if this is the place)

That's right. You have to remember that the S30 was made back in the day when they didn't worry about aerodynamics. Thats why the MSA air dams are so popular, they make the air go to the sides of the car instead of underneath it.

If its a street driven vehicle I wouldn't bother because it wouldn't look right. Aerodynamically it would probably increase drage becuase it would be opened up and hit the radiator like a wall. In fact that extra air damming up at the radiator might increase the pressure under the hood causing more lift. Just thinking out loud and I'm no where close as knowledgable as the other people here.

I noticed a big difference at highway speed from the stock 280 valence and bumper to the MSA Type 1. The car felt 'floaty' at speed and was a bit scary for not being familiar with the car. The car now feels much more planted up front.

I noticed a big difference at highway speed from the stock 280 valence and bumper to the MSA Type 1. The car felt 'floaty' at speed and was a bit scary for not being familiar with the car. The car now feels much more planted up front.

This is what I needed to hear... I was debating whether to use the MSA Type I, Type III or BRE. I think I've decided on the BRE look w/ matching spoiler for my car and presume I'll feel the same results.

You're not kidding it's a somewhat scary feeling at higher speeds as it does feel light like I'm going airborn soon. :shock:

Thanks for the aero confirmation!