HybridZ

2JZ31 vs Hayabusa

As is commented on the Streetfire site, the guy on the Hayabusa was not at all comfortable with the number of cars ahead of him (they were going ~70 and he was approaching them at over 150mph); he was on the throttle for a long time and it's clearly a good match, but he was shutting down early. You can see he has a nitrous bottle but he wasn't using it. For whatever reason, he wasn't fully tucking and that probably didn't help - you know, he was probably making sure he was watching the approaching cars.

That Hayabusa is a low-9 second and possibly high-8 second bike (probably trapping close to 150mph) with a more-than-decent rider and with the spray. I have no doubt the bike would have wasted the Z from a dig.

As it is, it was a fair race and it was very close so, yes, the Z is incredible. The bike didn't even jump on him as bikes tend to do - just slingshot off and then get reeled in if it's ever going to happen; Streetfighter was brake boosting big time so never gave the bike a chance.

I think the hayabusa would pull me NA with a different rider. I figure I'm closer to 146 to 148 trap, and that bike went 152 with a different rider.

I would love to re-run. I really like the bike.

in a drag race the bike would waste me. That bike is fast. He didn't even use the nitrous.

• 10 months later...

As is commented on the Streetfire site, the guy on the Hayabusa was not at all comfortable with the number of cars ahead of him (they were going ~70 and he was approaching them at over 150mph

SICK!!......as in sick in the head with a total disregard for the danger you pose to innocent people, whose lives you will probably take one day.

Scottie's bang on guys... take it to the track.

Exactly, you can push it as hard as you want on the track, and it is a safe way to do it. Once you race on a track, you will never find yourself doing this kind of crazy sh*t again.

Exactly, you can push it as hard as you want on the track, and it is a safe way to do it. Once you race on a track, you will never find yourself doing this kind of crazy sh*t again.

Tracks are fun and safe, but what about those that can't afford to go to them, or don't have the time? what's your guys argument for that?

Tracks are fun and safe, but what about those that can't afford to go to them, or don't have the time? what's your guys argument for that?

If you can afford a boostlogic twin turbo kit or a fully built motor in a 'busa, you should be able to afford a track day.

When you splatter some poor lady and her child all over the interstate, I'm really damn sure the jury's going to be like: Oh, you couldn't afford to go to a track? Oh that's ok then, you're free to go. These negligent manslaughter laws are only for those rich people that can afford to go to a race track.

Being poor is a horrible excuse for street racing of any sort.

If you can't afford to go to the track, you should sell your performance car and buy a camry. You can't afford a performance car, and you can't afford a speeding ticket. Autocross is less than $40 a day, a speeding ticket is $100+ to start...

And think of the time you'll save by going to the track, rather than having your license suspended and your car confiscated for street racing. Then you'll be able to use that spare time riding a bus, or walking to work.