HybridZ

RB26 vacuum lines

strokerzedd

The biggest problem that I've encountered in this build is reconnecting vacuum lines and wiring. I've got an RB26 in a 240z with mods so the stock locations don't always work. I've spent countless hours looking through online manuals and RB26 sites looking for the answers. I'm down to the final details but I need help hooking up the remaining vacuum lines:

-I don't have the vacuum line charcoal canister so how do I hook these lines up, to and from the canister? One comes from the AAC valve? and the other? Do I need the canister?

-I put a "T" in the vacuum line at the back of the balance tube to provide vacuum to the Aeromotive fuel regulator as well as the MAP. Is this okay? I don't use the stock fuel rail so should I just cap off the vacuum line at the front of the balance tube that used to go to the stock fuel regulator? Or where do all of the vacuum lines in the photo go with an aftermarket fuel rail with the MAP drawing vacuum from the rear of the balance tube?

I've included some photos. In the close up of the AAC valve where does the line coming to the bottom middle of the frame go, the other goes to the connector behind the front cover and then the vacuum canister.

Any help that I can get with diagrams or photos would help although I'm sure that I've looked at all of the available diagrams to no avail. Please!!!!!!!!

MAP_thumb.jpg

balance tube vac_thumb.jpg

front vacuum line conn_thumb.jpg

CU spider conn_thumb.jpg

spider conn_thumb.jpg

intake-1_thumb.jpg

I found this photo on another thread where someone was trying to identify the hose and it's destination. Anyone know where the where the line with the question mark off the air chamber goes? The other tow are the boost solenoid connections. Someone has to know?

DSCF5249edit_thumb.JPG

I found this photo on another thread where someone was trying to identify the hose and it's destination. Anyone know where the where the line with the question mark off the air chamber goes? The other tow are the boost solenoid connections. Someone has to know?

I think that might go down to the 4 wd sump/gearbox bits

I am going through the same thing at the moment, I will try and photograph what w have done with mine

regards

The biggest problem that I've encountered in this build is reconnecting vacuum lines and wiring. - Agree!!

-I don't have the vacuum line charcoal canister so how do I hook these lines up, to and from the canister? One comes from the AAC valve? and the other? Do I need the canister? - no, only for licensing - as I have to take the car in to get it certified, I have dummied this up

I don't use the stock fuel rail so should I just cap off the vacuum line at the front of the balance tube that used to go to the stock fuel regulator? I would cap off anything you dont now have to use

For the map sensors with the D Jetro you drill into the balance tube, should be on my website, if not I will send you a picture

Any help that I can get with diagrams or photos would help although I'm sure that I've looked at all of the available diagrams to no avail.

There is a much better diagram (than the one you have attached) from the R33 GTR manual of where all the lines go. My laptop is busted, once I get that back tomorrow I will put up the better diagram, which tells you which goes to which

regards

I found this diagram which has been modified from it's original form. The beige line is the one I'm trying to follow. Is this a vacuum line to my aftermarket BOV mounted just in front of my intake manifold? "from air chamber below evap control to BOV".

PC281391_thumb.jpg

PC281393_thumb.jpg

RB26VacuumDiagram.rev3-full_thumb.jpg

Here are some pictures.

Think of everything upstream (intake manifold) of ITB's as boost and everything downstream (balance tube, vacuum chamber) of ITB's as vacuum.

This shows the two lower boost lines. (green and blue on your diagram).

Green is boost. Goes to wastgate and prex control solonoid. Do not use for BOV. This remains boosted when lifting throttle because it is upstream of ITB's.VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

3-21-09009-1.jpg

This shows the two vacuum lines that are in air chamber. (brown, yellow)These are downstream of ITB's and provide vacuum when lifting throttle.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

3-21-09012.jpg

They get their vacuum inside the chamber from the two big hoses on either side of chamber, which are connected to the balance tube. This is for BOV

-Fuel canister. Fuel vapors from fuel tank get put here and sucked in engine. Don't need it.