HybridZ

Turbo Exhaust Flange

xxjoeyxxeb

Hey guys,

I just bought 3" piping to build my exhaust for my turbo swap into my 74 260z. I want to build it up to the turbo outlet and was searching for flanges but there was only 1 post that showed a place in New Zealand that may have had the flange needed. I was wondering if this looks like it will work, I e-mailed them for dimensions but they forwarded me to another company who I haven't heard from yet.

http://www.racepartsolutions.com/products.asp?cat=105&pg=3

It's at the bottom of the page. T3 Turbo Discharge Flange.

I was thinking I can get that, or a correct one, then a 2.5" - 3" expander.

Any help would be great, and I'll keep searching in the meantime. Hoping to buy it today so I can have it by next weekend.

Thanks,

Joe

Thank you,

I just sent them e-mails for dimensions. The first one from Ebay gave me dimensions of a 3" bolt spacing and a 4" diagonal bolt spacing, which was definitely wrong and the picture matches most of the ones on the websites so I'm assuming they are wrong also. Hopefully one company has some good dimensions, or hopefully someone here has a part number of a successful flange they used.

Thanks for more leads!

Sorry Joey!

I don't know what I was thinking. The center section of the turbo has a unique 5 bolt pattern. You could always go down to a local machine shop and have one made. It's a fairly straight-forward piece and shouldn't be too expensive.

• 2 months later...

I just did a T3 inlet flange in 304. Not to bad to do, I used a conventional mill for the work. I did spend some time on the part.

I am working on the outlet for the GT35R turbo. The four bolt outlet. I first bought a mild steel part, but it has rusrted to much for me in a short amount of time, so

I will do this part as well.

BUT, I bought a piece of 5" 304 round stock, 2' long and that ran me 100.00 for the material just to begin.

I priced out a number of metal places one place had the dia I wanted, but they could not tell me the type of stainless steel. They mentioned 303, and that will rust. I decided to start with known material and that is what it cost the cheapest I could get the stock.

if you start to do your own parts, then before you buy stocked materials, look at the scrap racks for the material you want. I have gotten most all of my materials that way at a significantly reduced cost. If I had been sure of the type material today, I could have gotted a 6" long piece for 50.00

As it stands now, they are cutting a piece for me, and as I found out today, a 5" piece of round stock is hard to come by. 316L is really what I wanted, but the only company that had it wanted 214.00 for a 2" long piece of material.

This stuff can be quite expensive, and I am guessing this is why I can not find the part in SS, because of the total cost to buy.

I use a cutting torch to make a hole slightly small and then a die grinder to size and shape it.

Sure...you end up with super sharp splinters of metal all over your clothing but it can be done quickly with only three tools (vise or vise grips, torch, and die grinder)

Paying 15 to 25 bucks for one already made saves you the hassle of pulling metal splinters from your socks a month later.