HybridZ

Taking off the intake and exhaust manifold and having problems...

I broke a bolt in the exhaust manifold so I am thinking I am going to need to replace it with a header (which I already have). There is a valve coming from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold and it is an emissions control thing that re-burns fuel that was not burned the first time around. I need to get that loosened in order to get separate the intake from the exhaust manifold. I have some pictures im posting...

100_0809.jpg?t=1242513550

100_0811.jpg?t=1242513573

100_0813.jpg?t=1242513596

100_0815.jpg?t=1242513608

yeah, that EGR stuff is crap, most of the time they're clogged anyway for just Saw's all or hacksaw it, then if you have to have it, you can replace the tube with Copper and fittings from home depot. I just plugged mine. but I won't be using my L28 much longer anyway.

I did the same thing. On my L28ET when pulling the manifolds I tried and tried to loosen that EGR tube. It was the only thing preventing the intake manifold from coming out. Eventually I said screw it and pulled out a hacksaw and went to town. When it was done we used a torch to super heat that section and remove the EGR tube from the downpipe and the intake. Now on my motor I'm using an EGR-less N42 and a MSA downpipe with no EGR bung.