HybridZ

Skylines...

Rustyfriend

Straight six turbo goes in like it belongs there.......it was incredibly easy and I still have a mechanical fan.

I just don't see nissan, who has a history or using the same unibody for muliple car lines, go and make a unique unibody for the m30 when the dimensions required to make this rare car are the same as the skyline.

img00116.jpg

I see them often from 10-12K Canadian $ ( 8500 US$) here in the papers. So when our friend Rusty says 7000 US$, he is right, and yes that is for a GTR. A friend of mine use to import those to resale, he was selling them as is for 10 000$ Canadian (8000 US$) at his door. He now imports other vehicle.

As some have said, here in Canada, we can import anything over 15 years - In the US it is 25 years. The law is changing, Canada is going towards a 25 years as well, my guess is because of emission testing.

From what I have heard, you can import a car with less than 15 or 25, but is needs to be converted to pass emission testing. This doesn't apply to all cars, but some.

Careless, They don't use the salt in Japan in the winter, hence why the car are much nicer, and the Zinc is still on the bolts. Same goes for engine and...

For what it's worth, my local JY has a pre-LSD 300 turbo that is pretty complete and one, maybe two depending upon their crushing schedules, M30 convertibles. Here's someone's chance to clone something that should excite Lexus fans... a Leopard convertible. Rear drive, turbo, and an Infiniti badge.... The rear ends are R200, cv joints, and trailing arm suspension, Neat cars.

g

The time to get M30 parts is now.

In a couple years, only collectors will have them.

I went with a L28 to get turbo sweetness without the troubles that car has fitting a turbo to the VG30.

It seems the distance from steering rack to firewall is a lot less than the Z31 causes some turbo clearance issues that are near impossible to get around with the stock manifolding.

Satan does have a manifold for one that relocates the turbo.