HybridZ

who's got the highest output HY powered L series?

maybe on the back half, trying to launch one at anything but a redline dump, especially on u-joints... its not good. speaking from experience on this one..

with the new CV's we'll go to the track, 235/60/15 mickey drag radials, and leave at 6000rpm.

we'll either go fast, or explode a stub axle.

Do a search, every time guys have went to a shorter gear, there ET's have went down.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on this car? prob never, 3.36 rear gear, setup for long sweeping curves on track days.

i'll give it a go though, i expect it will do a low 12 or high 11 with some rediculous E/T.

now if we can sort out somthing this winter with that discussion we were having, i might give that a whirl just to see :twisted:

So its a battle of the 260's is it? Always was angry that the only time we got to line them up was at Import Face Off and you guys thought it was a good idea to blow up and axle, lol.

Another question, how come your axle broke on street tires and I was on the Mickey ETs and my crap just dont break? Must be my sweet whale tail.....maybe? HAHA

Do a search, every time guys have went to a shorter gear, there ET's have went down.

QFT!

If you don't understand or believe this, watch videos (or bum a ride from a buddy) with a big turbo STi. The close ratio 6-speed trans results in you spooling half of the time your are accelerating and then you have to shift again. Too close makes you have to spool the turbo more.

QFT!

If you don't understand or believe this, watch videos (or bum a ride from a buddy) with a big turbo STi. The close ratio 6-speed trans results in you spooling half of the time your are accelerating and then you have to shift again. Too close makes you have to spool the turbo more.

Um, are you agreeing with me?

Have any of the people talking about the 3.36 for drag setups actually tried to launch one?

Granted this may all be a mute point the next time this car goes back since it will have CV's and can theoretically leave at redline. But i'm speaking from experience at least regarding the u-joints equipped setups, if you try to launch hard on a 3.36 in a drag race you'll either bog or break, no real option for tire spin on a decent height tire (26.2" in the case i'm reffering too)

Sure you could slip the ever loving piss out of your clutch to try and walk that fine line, but then your depleating the clutch life substantially with each pass.

It's extreamly nice everywhere except 1st gear, no doubt... but getting a 3.36 car out of the hole well is not easy at all with a 5 speed. I suspect that if identical cars lined up 3.36 to 3.54 that the 1/8th mile would go to the 3.54 car and the 1/4 would be a toss up.

in regards to the manifold, testing continued today. it's starting to look like the 2.5" intercooler i/o and piping are now a restriction choking the larger intake plenum. were going to put a stock manifold on tommorow and test again to confirm our theory, but as of this moment, this manifold will likely be the choice of serious horsepower guys who are willing to run 3" intercooler plumbing setups and will be port matching their cylinder heads. were looking into producing a 2.5" compatible plenum design, but that will be a ways off.

cars not currently setup to go to the strip, spring rates are all wonky since we've also been experimenting with coil over setups and rates in the back, so it's got a bad see-saw effect right now and no sway bars.

i can try to get it out to the track, but it's 1.5 hours away and unlikely i'd be able to get out that way any time soon. we'll see.

Even if you get a brutal launch and your et sucks, the trap speed should still dial in with your weight to get a accurate HP measurement. Dyno's have their uses but they often do not give accurate HP measurements.

Dynos are for comparative (ie., pre/post changes) purposes only. :burnout: