HybridZ

So if my thermostat isnt opening would that cause all my issues!!

So for the past little while My car had been running crazy rich. I recently noticed that my thermostat must not be opening. After I adjusted just about everything including timing several times and re did wiring ect ect. I was about to throw my car into the ditch.

Would a non opening thermostat (of course a new crappy one!!!) Cause hesitation from a Stand still like red light to green light then black puffs of smoke out exhaust unless you JAM ON THE THROTTLE.. Poor gasmilage and weird issues at half throttle?..

Temp guage woud dip to 60oC when on highway but Mid range at stand still. Seems to be worse when rolling forward with mild throttle and Boost juuuust kicks in it farts and groans and puffs lots of black unburnt smelling furl out exhaust.

At idle its fine so.. could it be screwing witht he temp sensor and leaving itself in some odd Cold mode

thermostat got nothing to do with how the engine runs simply controls the temp of the coolant. replace cyl head temp sensor often a culprit in weird running situatiions. probably get better info if you put in the car you are asking the question about. Lots of differences between 240z and 300zx

thermostat got nothing to do with how the engine runs simply controls the temp of the coolant. replace cyl head temp sensor often a culprit in weird running situatiions.

Doesn't the thermostat control the temperature that the CHT is sensing?

I think that would classify it as something that can affect how the engine runs. It's an input variable.

My vote is for a loose CHT or Water Temperature Sensor. Knock that thing loose or have it vibrate off running along and it does exactly what he's experiencing. I died at the Willow Springs Big Track when mine vibrated off after the holder broked...

A coupla quick checks following FSM guidelines will tell all on the sensors, etc...:iospalo: