HybridZ

2.8 short block

garyneedsz

looking for any short block that includes crankshaft, pistons, pretty much the whole bottom end.

a ++ if you have a rebuilt, big bore.

looking to pay $500 or less

preferably in california, will drive out of state as long as i get a deal

thanks

I've got complete bottom end out of a 77, but it's definitely going to need a rebuild. it's been sitting outside for the last couple months and some rust has formed in a couple cylinders, but nothing a slight overbore won't take care of. $100 and it's yours.

I'm in San Luis Obispo so not too far depending on where in SoCal you are. PM if you're interested.

sounds tempting, but i dont know what the cost of new pistons, and remachining the block would be.

i really want to just slap something in my car so i can get it to run by the end of my senior year of high school. but if a couple of weeks roll by and i dont get one, i guess ill take yours. but for now. im lookin for one that i can just slap in.

thanks

I have a 78 280Z engine for sale. Previous owner let the car sit since 1991 I believe because of some electrical problems. The engine turns over freely. It is the complete long block (heads never been off), with intake and exhaust manifolds, flywheel, oil pressure sensor, thermostat housing and thermo sensors, crank pulley, fuel rail, and injectors. It is missing the TB and most of the other stuff that was on the intake manifold. From what I remember, the cam and rockers looked prestine when I checked under the valve cover. I'll take $100 for it. I am local in Whittier, Ca and can deliver it to you place if you live really close. PM me if you are interested.