HybridZ

Autometer Pyrometer bung---Where can i get one?

streeteg

Does anyone know what size bung to get or where to purchase? I have looked all over..
I made one, just grabbed a piece of round stock off the shelf drilled it and tapped it. I'm sure summit or jegs can get you just the bung, if you can't find it (I couldn't) I'd call them.

I dont think he knows what size or thread it is. Do they make NPT taps?

ive always used those spark plug spacers..antifowlers or soemthing like that... from autozone for all my bungs...just cut the lower portion off and weld the threaded portion on...i don't know what size or pitch you are lookin for..but it's worth a shot.

That is looking like the best option so far--- i jut have to make sure i got the right thread pattern on the autometer sensor

I hope you purchased the 0-1800F one. I tried the 1600F one and after sustained periods over 1600F, it is stuck there :confused::banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if i described it wrong, my sensor didnt, have threads either.

It was an autometer c2 egt gause the probe was about a 1/4 inch? thick of round stock that was bent into a 90 degree, i didnt have the fittings that came with it except for the the piece the sensor slid into.

the piece the sensor slid into looked like a nut with a setsrec drilled into the side of it and abou 4 threads at the end.

i found a nut that fit the threads and drilled hole in my exhaust spot welded the nut to the exhuast and installed the senor and piece i had.

BUT I have also seen people take a drill bit the same size as the sensor,find a nut the right size to drill through and then weld the nut to the exhuast, drill hole through the nut and piping ,insert the sensor and the use a hose clamp to clamp it down by wrapping around the exhaust pipe and sensor.

I only have experience with autometer egt's and sensors so i'm not sure if they are all 90 degree bend or not.